www.tdiclub.com

Economy - Longevity - Performance
The #1 Source of TDI Information on the Web!
Forums Articles Links Meets
Orders TDI Club Cards TDIFest 2016 Gone, but not forgotten VAG-Com List Unit Conversions TDIClub Chat Thank You

Order your TDIClub merchandise and help support TDIClub

Go Back   TDIClub Forums > VW TDI Discussion Areas > TDI Power Enhancements

TDI Power Enhancements Discussions about increasing the power of your TDI engine. i.e. chips, injectors, powerboxes, clutches, etc. Handling, suspensions, wheels, type discussion should be put into the "Upgrades (non TDI Engine related)" forum. Non TDI vehicle related postings will be moved or removed. Please note the Performance Disclaimer.

Old October 24th, 2009, 08:29   #1
releaseyourself

Fuel Economy: 78mpg
Default Audi A2 1.4 TDi Sport mods?

Hi,
i am looking for advice on tuning an A2 1.4 TDi Sport. I am sure it is a similar engine to the vw polo here in the uk.

I have a stainless exhaust and green air filter, apart from remapping which will be done in the future what else could i do? Bigger turbo? De-cat?
Thanks.
releaseyourself is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 24th, 2009, 09:13   #2
ryanp

If it's the 90ps model That engine is basically a PD150 with a cylinder removed and already has a VNT turbo. The sky is the limit and 200hp+ would be possible if you went mad. but that would be head work, custom grind cam and a large turbo.

Get rid of the green cotton filter (have a look around the forum to find out why!) put in a De-cat pipe, and get a remap. I think you might be suprised how much better it will go!

If you know you wont be happy with just a re-map it can get complicated and expensive. I'm helping a guy out with a fabia 1.4 70ps, he's really happy with the remapping guy i put him in touch with but is now taking it a step further and fitting larger injectors (which your's should already have) porting the head and fitting bigger valves, converting to VNT using the turbo from a 2.7TDi audi using a tubular manifold, the list goes on!

PM me if you want to know names as i wont post them in topics!! anything else ask here for the good of the forum!

Ry

02M 6 Speed Conversions + Euro Parts - 6 Speed Setups for A4 + A5 platform,PD150 Intakes, TIP kits, Turbo's, Injectors as well as anything else!! PM Me! - Click HERE
ryanp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 26th, 2009, 15:22   #3
releaseyourself

Thanks for the info.

Where can i get a de cat pipe for my Milltek exhaust in the uk?
Old October 26th, 2009, 15:25   #4
releaseyourself

I tried searching for info on the green filters, but nothing much came up. Do they restrict airflow more than the stock filter?
Old October 26th, 2009, 15:30   #5
ryanp

mainly K&N's are available in the US, searching for that may yield more results! Basically, they have less surface are than the stock paper element, the oil kills the turbo's and they let particles as larger as sand through!!

any monkey with a welder can make a decat, it should only need a small straight pipe welding in.

02M 6 Speed Conversions + Euro Parts - 6 Speed Setups for A4 + A5 platform,PD150 Intakes, TIP kits, Turbo's, Injectors as well as anything else!! PM Me! - Click HERE
Old November 7th, 2009, 10:43   #6
releaseyourself

Ryan,
It is a TDI 90 that i have.

Which bigger turbo chargers would bolt straight on? I am planning on having a remap after i have the exhaust/filter/turbo work done.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanp
If it's the 90ps model That engine is basically a PD150 with a cylinder removed and already has a VNT turbo. The sky is the limit and 200hp+ would be possible if you went mad. but that would be head work, custom grind cam and a large turbo.

Get rid of the green cotton filter (have a look around the forum to find out why!) put in a De-cat pipe, and get a remap. I think you might be suprised how much better it will go!

If you know you wont be happy with just a re-map it can get complicated and expensive. I'm helping a guy out with a fabia 1.4 70ps, he's really happy with the remapping guy i put him in touch with but is now taking it a step further and fitting larger injectors (which your's should already have) porting the head and fitting bigger valves, converting to VNT using the turbo from a 2.7TDi audi using a tubular manifold, the list goes on!

PM me if you want to know names as i wont post them in topics!! anything else ask here for the good of the forum!

Ry
Old November 7th, 2009, 11:55   #7
im570rm
Veteran Member

131pd and 150pd turbos are bolt on but you have to cut one arm
im570rm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 7th, 2009, 13:48   #8
sgjpro

Cheers...
sgjpro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 8th, 2009, 02:55   #9
ryanp

Try an exhaust and Re-map and see how you like it, will be like a new car, after that it get's complicated!

Old November 8th, 2009, 03:54   #10
Rub87
Veteran Member

I'm looking for a OEM file of such 90hp vnt version.. I found a bargain on ebay, a vnt turbo off such 80hp ecomotive version, should make it much more driveable than with the oem gt15 unit, for the girlfriends car =)
Old November 8th, 2009, 04:01   #11
ryanp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rub87
I'm looking for a OEM file of such 90hp vnt version.. I found a bargain on ebay, a vnt turbo off such 80hp ecomotive version, should make it much more driveable than with the oem gt15 unit, for the girlfriends car =)
I thought you were not modifying it! lol it never ends!!

Old November 8th, 2009, 04:02   #12
Rub87
Veteran Member

yes but I found this turbo for €80
Old November 8th, 2009, 22:30   #13
im570rm
Veteran Member

if you still need the oem file for 1.4 tdi 90 let me know
Old November 8th, 2009, 23:08   #14
Rub87
Veteran Member

still need it =)
Old November 9th, 2009, 06:24   #15
im570rm
Veteran Member

i'll give it to you as soon as i'll have it.