www.tdiclub.com

Economy - Longevity - Performance
The #1 Source of TDI Information on the Web!
Forums Articles Links Meets
Orders TDI Club Cards TDIFest 2016 Gone, but not forgotten VAG-Com List Unit Conversions TDIClub Chat Thank You

Go Back   TDIClub Forums > TDI Model Specific Discussions Areas > Non VW Group Diesels

Non VW Group Diesels This section is for discusion of Non VWGroup Diesels.

View Poll Results: What interests you about this thread?
Technical info on this car 1 50.00%
First person accounts of a new owner 2 100.00%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 2. You may not vote on this poll

Old March 14th, 2017, 10:18   #346
ssamalin
Veteran Member

Good news is I am very happy with my current fix and will post pictures soon. Massive win on the seat issue.

Last edited by ssamalin; March 14th, 2017 at 10:20.
ssamalin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 14th, 2017, 16:10   #347
ssamalin
Veteran Member

Default Pictures of the great seat fix!

See post #344 for description of the pictures. I have been sitting on this for about a month now and it seems to be smoothing out it's little edges by me sitting on it. If I take a road trip in it and it holds comfort for hours I'll declare victory. For now the truce is holding.

Last edited by ssamalin; March 19th, 2017 at 17:14.
Old March 15th, 2017, 19:26   #348
ssamalin
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by *zepman View Post
you can always borrow my comfortmax cushion as i'm not currently using it.
If you still have an issue with the seat, You should check out what I did. If you want PM me.
Old March 19th, 2017, 17:19   #349
ssamalin
Veteran Member

Default There are 5 or more owner members here:

Inquiring minds want to know, how are your cars?
Old March 23rd, 2017, 08:31   #350
*zepman

car is good, i've noticed some fading on the Burl wood trim, so i have to take it for a trim replacement.

Which dealer do you use for warranty service ?
*zepman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 23rd, 2017, 09:05   #351
truman
Veteran Member

08 R350 gasser
My TDI guru is doing maintenance for this one as well
Presently I'm happy that it's not a Bluetec- chain stretch, oil cooler leaks, turbo, and injector seal leaks.
Gasser version is less problematic, it seems
The seats are very comfortable IMO and the cabin is very spacious.
I've never had anything this big. It's a wonderful road machine.
Passat is still my DD. R350 is for long distance travel.
I will miss the diesel, but I think my anxiety level will be lower
Over time I will be watchful for how the new 4cyl MB diesel pans out.
truman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 23rd, 2017, 09:48   #352
ssamalin
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by truman View Post
08 R350 gasser
My TDI guru is doing maintenance for this one as well
Presently I'm happy that it's not a Bluetec- chain stretch, oil cooler leaks, turbo, and injector seal leaks.
Gasser version is less problematic, it seems
The seats are very comfortable IMO and the cabin is very spacious.
I've never had anything this big. It's a wonderful road machine.
Passat is still my DD. R350 is for long distance travel.
I will miss the diesel, but I think my anxiety level will be lower
Over time I will be watchful for how the new 4cyl MB diesel pans out.
None of the problems you list have occurred on the E250 Bluetec.
Old March 23rd, 2017, 09:53   #353
ssamalin
Veteran Member

Quote:
car is good, i've noticed some fading on the Burl wood trim, so i have to take it for a trim replacement.

Which dealer do you use for warranty service ?
DTLA. They have been A+ so far. Loaners are new gassers just to remind how nice a diesel is. I have the Black Ash I think it's called. No problems so far. Looks great with the chrome and the beige dash and seats.

Last edited by ssamalin; March 23rd, 2017 at 15:34.
Old March 28th, 2017, 13:53   #354
ssamalin
Veteran Member

Default De-Car Move

Think getting out of the car is a no brainer? Not for my brain. So here's the move: Plant left foot outside towards back as is convenient, then push off with right foot against the center well wall, thus shifting weight onto left foot. before lifting right foot out. I used to use an inferior technique: plant left, then shift weight out by hooking left elbow outside door.
Old March 28th, 2017, 18:56   #355
jnecr
Veteran Member

Fuel Economy: 40ish?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssamalin View Post
Think getting out of the car is a no brainer?
Yes..
Old March 29th, 2017, 17:40   #356
ssamalin
Veteran Member

Default Ding Ding Another Owner Here.

2004PassatTDI is the 5th or 6th E250 Bluetec owner here. Congratulations. Hope to hear all about it soon. Other owners here: bobdfsh, drivebywire, *zepman, camarones, ssamalin and now 2004PassatTDI. Let's drive coast to coast tag team. That's a half a tank each. Easy. camarones is a GLK 250BT owner actually I think. Hope everybody checks in about their cars soon.

Last edited by ssamalin; March 29th, 2017 at 18:21.
Old March 30th, 2017, 15:15   #357
*zepman

Quote:
2004PassatTDI is the 5th or 6th E250 Bluetec owner here. Congratulations. Hope to hear all about it soon. Other owners here: bobdfsh, drivebywire, *zepman, camarones, ssamalin and now 2004PassatTDI. Let's drive coast to coast tag team. That's a half a tank each. Easy. camarones is a GLK 250BT owner actually I think. Hope everybody checks in about their cars soon.

Checking in... currently at the stealership, replacing the fading burl wood trim and the drivers seat, as the the tech found that the foam has collapsed.

now with a gasser e300 '17 - hopefully not for long
Old March 30th, 2017, 16:19   #358
ssamalin
Veteran Member

Quote:
Checking in... currently at the stealership, replacing the fading burl wood trim and the drivers seat, as the the tech found that the foam has collapsed.
now with a gasser e300 '17 - hopefully not for long
You mean they are changing the foam on your seat, or your whole seat? I don't think my problem with my seat had anything to do with collapsed foam. In fact, I am using a foam lumbar cushion under a folded bead mat in the back of my seat (see my pictures above). I'd be interested if I could switch to a different seat. I'm giving my seat a B right now, having found the right cushions/beads. I really haven't thought about it since I first used my setup about 6 weeks ago. Occasionally when I drive I adjust how I sit, but there's no pain. I'm waiting for a road trip to really test it out since I rarely drive for over an hour at a time around here.

Last edited by ssamalin; March 30th, 2017 at 18:26.
Old March 31st, 2017, 08:26   #359
*zepman

Quote:
You mean they are changing the foam on your seat, or your whole seat? I don't think my problem with my seat had anything to do with collapsed foam. In fact, I am using a foam lumbar cushion under a folded bead mat in the back of my seat (see my pictures above). I'd be interested if I could switch to a different seat. I'm giving my seat a B right now, having found the right cushions/beads. I really haven't thought about it since I first used my setup about 6 weeks ago. Occasionally when I drive I adjust how I sit, but there's no pain. I'm waiting for a road trip to really test it out since I rarely drive for over an hour at a time around here.
Got a call from the service adviser, who said they are having trouble with the seat, i don't know if they've replaced the whole bottom of the seat, or just the foam, i presume it's the foam. - i'll let you know.
Old March 31st, 2017, 13:01   #360
ssamalin
Veteran Member

Quote:
Got a call from the service adviser, who said they are having trouble with the seat, i don't know if they've replaced the whole bottom of the seat, or just the foam, i presume it's the foam. - i'll let you know.
My supplies to mod my seat at O'Reilly's: the lumbar seat cushion and bead seat cover, about $39. It even looks good with my beige naugahyde. Trick is the lumbar is a wedge shape and I place the thick end toward the seat back, and the bead cover has cloth between the bead sections so it folds there without a lump. These place the hump I build back against the seat back and under my pelvis, not on the front of the seat where it would press into my legs. This is a lot of solution to a mean problem for 39 bucks.

Last edited by ssamalin; March 31st, 2017 at 18:51.