000655 P0299 code, frigid temps, limp mode, any info greatly appreciated!

Mark1331

TDI
2012 Golf TDI 2 door
Another call today, advised I should know something for sure by Wednesday. The only thing I can figure is that the TSB I have looked at was maxxed out at 2011, and mines a 2012. Well that and the dealer probably does not want to do it. I'll advise soon as I hear something, the saga continues.

Mark1331

TDI
2012 Golf TDI 2 door
Actually I can't find it now, but I've found this one on this site posted by Granite Rooster which looks like mine would be covered. Here is the thread: http://forums.tdiclub.com/showthread.php?t=302863

Got another call from VWoA today, said hopes to have something by Wednesday but can I wait until Monday to find out, I said fine. I know some of you with 2010s and 2011s have gotten this fix done under the extended warranty. This is nuts, could there be that much difference between a 2011 and 2012 in regards to the intercooler?

I feel like they are just trying to wear me down to where I say heck with it.

I did ask him if it would make any difference if I went to a different dealer, he said it would not. Probably has to say that though.

TDIJetta99

Top Post Dawg
TDI
03... Faster than yours =]
Any resolution? Getting ready to fight my local dealer about this as well.. Haven't brought it in yet since it's been warm enough so there's not going to be anything in there, but it has boost related codes/limp mode that came up when it was ~0F a couple weeks ago

Mark1331

TDI
2012 Golf TDI 2 door
Just got off the phone with the rep, after this lengthy process VWoA advised that this is not covered by the extended warranty from the TDI fix for my 2012 golf. Seems sketchy, my guess is that in colder climates they might lean more towards covering it at a dealer, but that is just a guess. I do suggest that if the dealer won't work with you to contact VWoA and see if you get a different response.

If they don't work with you on it, I highly suggest getting a winter front. I bought one for mine after this happened and it has been fine, quicker warmups too. The right conditions might not have come around yet for this to happen again here, but from what I've heard it is well worth doing.

TDIJetta99

Top Post Dawg
TDI
03... Faster than yours =]
I suspect they'll tell me the same as they told you since it's not all that cold here most of the time.

I'll block off the low pressure EGR for the winter before I do a winter front... I can't stand what they look like. I get heat a mile from my house anyway and have heated seats so a faster warmup really doesn't make a difference with mine

PRY4SNO

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 Touareg Execline
That's disappointing.

I have a hard time buying it.

The extended emissions warranty plainly says that any codes are covered. Further, any issue that comes up in dispute shall be resolved in favour of the client.

Typical corporate scumbaggery.

Mark1331

TDI
2012 Golf TDI 2 door
One would think. I have a feeling it was a fight between VWoA and the local dealer, who must lose money on warranty fixes. This process went on way too long, especially with people on here in the same situation having the item covered.

Should something break that is clearly covered in the warranty, I'm betting they don't cover that either. The warranty is probably worthless.

PRY4SNO

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 Touareg Execline
As a last resort you could contact the firm who handled the settlement with a report of your experience and any copies of correspondence between the dealer and VWoA as well as any invoices. They would (I believe) be obligated to act on your behalf for free as you're a registered plaintiff in the class action lawsuit.

Don't lose all hope. We had some issues the dealership pointed to as "outside influence" and had to pay up but have had the ECU, engine wiring harness and intercooler all replaced free of charge since having the recall performed.