Software update, new battery, DTC codes

MehrA3

TDI
2012 A3 TDI
Having some issues with My 2012 A3 Tdi. Right around 63,000 miles on it.
Here's the background story: (sorry it's a novel)

About a month ago I took my car in for a software update for the ECU in connection with a recall campaign from Audi. This is supposedly to fix false fault codes. The only one I have had was a low coolant light a handful of times in the last year (coolant never got low, nor did the car run hot.)

This past weekend my battery totally died. This was put of the blue, I've never had any issues with it, but it is the original battery. This morning it was dead again. Jumped it both times and it ran perfect once started. Went to Advance Auto this morning to get a new battery, and the guy there told me that I would need to take it to the dealer because the battery must be "coded" or it wouldn't even work. I didn't really believe him and bought a battery from them anyways. I started reading about how the BEM code needs to be reentered into the computer corresponding to a new battery so that the charge regulation system can send the right right to a new battery. I install the new battery and the steering assist, traction control, and TPMS light come on. They disappear after about 10 ft of driving. Car runs perfect.
So I get home and whip out my Vag-comm and go to enter a new BEM code (was just going to change the serial number by one digit from my old battery since I didn't buy an OEM battery). When I click on the Battery regulator controller in VCDS, it says there is no response from the controller. Same thing from the TPMS and traction control. This is with the car running.

Next, I do an autoscan. I get several codes:
01- Engine- Malfunction 0010
001674 - ECM power Relay load circuit
P068A - 000 Open too early - intermittent

03 - ABS Brakes
01325 - Control module for Tire pressue monitoring system
004- no signal/communication - intermittent

17- Instruments
00003 - Control Module
005 - No or incorrect Basic setting / adaptation

Address 4C - Tire Pressure II
cannot be reached

Finally, my automatic windows no longer function, you have to hold the switch down the entire sweep of the window. HELP!

langer

Veteran Member
TDI
'12 a3 & '07 gasser gti
I just put a new battery in mine and off I went. No vag com. The few codes from disconnecting battery were gone before I left the court. You need to hold the switch all the way up and down on windows for automatic up/down to work. I think it loses sense of where the limits are when battery is disconnected.

MehrA3

TDI
2012 A3 TDI
yeah the windows started working again on mine. Haven't checked the codes again, but everything seems fine. Still frustrating I can't get access to some of the controllers though, but maybe my car doesn't actually have those?