New/Used wheels

RebelTDI

Veteran Member
TDI
2016 Audi Q5 TDI, 2016 BMW 535d Xdrive
Great choice! They look nice. If there are scrapes, you can get them polished and refinished. I had that done on my silver Goals and they look good as new. Definitely worth it.

Matatk

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 A3 TDI Wagon
I like the stock ones other than keeping them clean from brake dust :mad:

Those look nice, too.

Picked up a set of winter rims yet? I still need to get a set. I believe it's 205/55 R16 on a 16x6.5 ET 50 VW/Audi rim if you want to downsize for better handling and cost.

PeteZ06

Veteran Member
TDI
E320 CDI

Those look nice, too.

Picked up a set of winter rims yet? I still need to get a set. I believe it's 205/55 R16 on a 16x6.5 ET 50 VW/Audi rim if you want to downsize for better handling and cost.
The tires are M+S tires... I'm hoping to get away with these all year round... if they don't do well then I'll pick up a set of designated winter wheels.

PhunkFX

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 Audi Q5 TDI S-Line, 2005.5 Jetta TDI (BRM) 6MT (02Q)
Damn did everyone get a white A3, that is what I wanted... Mine is silver, my least favorite color, but it had all the options and packages I wanted.

Looks good man. The wheels made a nice improvement!

PeteZ06

Veteran Member
TDI
E320 CDI

Those look nice, too.

Found a steal on some older 16x7 Audi wheels and not mounted brand new Firestone Winterforce tires in a 205/60 size.. the 60 series adds .5" to the diameter over stock so I'll be fine. Just need to pick up a set of TPMS's.

Looking forward to snow :D:D

03Springer

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 Golf GL+ 2013 A3 TDI
No TPMS on my 2013 A3. ABS sensors calculates tire diameter/rotation so when one is low on pressure the computers lights the ID10T light!

PeteZ06

Veteran Member
TDI
E320 CDI
Hmmm.. this is news to me. I just contacted my local Audi dealer to double check with them, the service guy asked for my VIN and according to him I am in fact running sensors.

So now I'm totally confused.

I did install them on the new 18's. And I already ordered them for the snow wheels, theyre only $50/set. So I'm going to install them just in case the Audi service guy is right.

I'll check with my owners manual later today and see if that mentions anything.

meerschm

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2009 Jetta wagon DSG 08/08 205k buyback 1/8/18; replaced with 2017 Golf Wagon 4mo 1.8l CXBB
look in the glove box for a reset switch. sensor in the wheel TPMS do not use these.

a VCDS will provide direct feedback.

PeteZ06

Veteran Member
TDI
E320 CDI
look in the glove box for a reset switch. sensor in the wheel TPMS do not use these.
a VCDS will provide direct feedback.
If I'm understanding you right.. i should have a reset switch if I dont have sensors.. And there shouldn't be a switch if i do have sensors?

Why is audi showing a part number for sensors for my car?

Last edited:

Matatk

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 A3 TDI Wagon
The A3 does not have a button in the glove box, it was in the the MFD
What skramer said. Once you check/fill the tires to the correct psi, there is an option on the dash to reset the light. Vehicle has to be stopped in order to reset the light.