2012 A3 - Exhaust Flap Failure

pushgears

Veteran Member
TDI
2012 A3 TDI
At 50,489 miles my Check Engine (aka "Malfunction Indicator") light came on. I brought it to my dealer, New Country Audi of Greenwich, CT, who diagnosed failure of the Exhaust Flap and quoted a repair price of $740.:eek:
New Country contacted Audi on my behalf, who agreed to pick up the cost of the repair, as a goodwill measure. :) Although it's popular to bash the "stealership", sometimes it pays to be a loyal customer, and perhaps using New Country's Service Department for all my TDI's maintenance was a factor in having the repair paid for.
New Country's Service Department rocks! :cool:

chummer

Veteran Member
TDI
2010 A3 TDI Premium Plus/Titanium Package
You should've received a letter from AUDI USA a while back saying that the exhaust flap is a life time warrantied item. Also, just recently I received another letter that extend our HPFP to 120,000 miles.

langer

Veteran Member
TDI
'12 a3 & '07 gasser gti
Also, wouldn't that have fallen under the emissions warranty. I think we had our exhaust flap replaced at around 40k.

SoSoTDI

TDI
2013 A3 TDI Ti
You should've received a letter from AUDI USA a while back saying that the exhaust flap is a life time warrantied item. Also, just recently I received another letter that extend our HPFP to 120,000 miles.
I got a letter for the exhaust flap to be extended to 10years 120,000 miles but I didn't get one for the HPFP, maybe that was only for the older A3 tdi's?

pushgears

Veteran Member
TDI
2012 A3 TDI
No Charge

The dealer contacted Audi who picked up the repair. Nothing out of pocket plus free loaner car for the weekend. Try that with a Golf!