FS: 2004 Jetta TDI PD GLS - Handyman Special?

SyNtAxx

Veteran Member
TDI
2001 Tornado Red GLS TDI
FS: 2004 Jetta TDI PD GLS -Needs Work- South East PA

All,
I have a 2004 TDI GLS PD with 188,434 miles that I need to let go. I purchased the car in January of 2011 with 108,000 miles. Car does not have current state inspection, and I'm back and forth on if I'm going to take to get inspected. Car is registered and insured for now. Car has new/recent brakes and rotors. Everything else works as it should as far as I'm aware.
This was my ex-wifes car and was daily driven until about 6 months ago when she returned the car to me. The transmission faults are new except for the 00300, that one came and went since I've owned the car. In my time owning and driving the car I can count on three fingers the number of shifting issues the car has had. The first was a few years back in frigid weather, and the last two are 6 months ago and yesterday. I may have a copy of the service records for the car from the selling dealer. Engine always serviced with Rotella T6 full synthetic oil since I purchased at 108k miles.
Asking: $2400 or best offer.
https://photos.app.goo.gl/YkChRgSMQubojhLi9
Issues:
Occasional Transmission Faults:
3 Faults Found:
00300 - Transmission Fluid Temp. Sensor (G93)
27-10 - Implausible Signal - Intermittent
00652 - Gear Monitoring
01045 - Tiptronic Switch (F189)
Brake Code always accompanies the above transmission code 00652
1 Fault Found:
00526 - Brake Light Switch (F)
008 - Implausible Signal - Intermittent
Body Issues: (see pics also)
- One pretty rusted passenger front quarter panel. (wasn't able to get VW to replace)
- A small bubble of rust on front drivers quarter panel.
- Clear coat on trunk started pealing and drivers front quarter panel.
- Dent in leading edge of hood.
- Trunk release sticks sometimes and the key port hasn't worked since purchase.
Interior:
Headliner starting to let lose in rear passenger side.
Thanks,
Nick

Last edited:

tdi-eyed

Veteran Member
TDI
Mk4 Jetta Wagon
Well, if the magnet or tiptronic switch on shifter has come loose or faulty, it could cause gear monitoring and F189 code.

SyNtAxx

Veteran Member
TDI
2001 Tornado Red GLS TDI
Well, if the magnet or tiptronic switch on shifter has come loose or faulty, it could cause gear monitoring and F189 code.
I did take the shift stalk apart did see one large rectangular magnet on the left side, is there another magnet I may have missed? Thanks for taking the time to reply.

-Nick