5382 RNS-510 Navigation Firmware Upgrade

jaybird99

TDI
2014 Passat TDI
Anybody in the GTA have a copy of this firmware they could sell to me or let me borrow? Would be very much appreciated!

jaybird99

TDI
2014 Passat TDI
I ordered the v5382 software from Bob at eurozonetuning.com for around 50 bucks Canadian and it make a significant improvement in my unit. It doesn't boot loop or anything. It works flawlessly for the most part except it may take a minute or 2 for the unit to start up which I have no problem with.

jayski

TDI
NMS Passat
Does anyone in Canada have this 5382 firmware update disc they would be willing to sell or rent out even?
Thanks!

Strider17

Veteran Member
TDI
Beetle(sold) MK4 Golf TDI(sold) Mk4 Jetta TDI(parted out) MK4 Golf GTI w/ALH swap (built then parted out) 2015 Passat TDI Highline (current)
Maybe we should do a group buy and share it?

ToBiN

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 Sportwagen TDI/M6; 2006 Dodge 3500 Cummins/M6 Mega Cab; 2011 Jetta TDI/M6 (sold)
I'm down for a group buy, but I'm in CO, USA. 81007 zip.

A.D.TDI

TDI
2011 golf tdi
All of a sudden my rns510 unit is asking for navigation CD. Even when listening to my radio. Can more than on person use the CD?

Strider17

Veteran Member
TDI
Beetle(sold) MK4 Golf TDI(sold) Mk4 Jetta TDI(parted out) MK4 Golf GTI w/ALH swap (built then parted out) 2015 Passat TDI Highline (current)
im guessing so, its not like the deck is a cd writer...only a reader. same with the GPS system.

jayski

TDI
NMS Passat
I'm going to order the 5382 update disc.
If anyone wants it after me, just shoot me a PM and I'll mail it out.
I'm hoping to have it in the next week or two.
Can't believe nobody has put this file out on a file sharing site as it's only a firmware update, it's not like a brand new movie or rap album.
I guess it's so old, nobody cares anymore about the RNS 510 lol!

amit9

Veteran Member
TDI
None...
I'm going to order the 5382 update disc.
If anyone wants it after me, just shoot me a PM and I'll mail it out.
I'm hoping to have it in the next week or two.
Can't believe nobody has put this file out on a file sharing site as it's only a firmware update, it's not like a brand new movie or rap album.
I guess it's so old, nobody cares anymore about the RNS 510 lol!
Is this what you're looking for?

https://www.my-gti.com/3868/volkswagen-rns-510-firmware-download-repository

jayski

TDI
NMS Passat
I do have the 5382 firmware update and the 8534 V.12M latest NAV MAP update disk if anyone is looking for a copy.
$25 via FTP server or $30 mailed to you for the firmware update disk and $50 via FTP server or $60 mailed to you for the NAV Map disc.
Thank you.

Last edited:

Jetta_Pilot

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Passat Highline TDI Candy White (SEL Premium) long gone 2002 Jetta TDI
I do have the 5382 firmware update and the 8534 V.12M latest NAV MAP update disk if anyone is looking for a copy.
$25 via FTP server or $30 mailed to you for the firmware update disk and $50 via FTP server or $60 mailed to you for the NAV Map disc.
Thank you.

Someone trying to get rich !

I can get this mailed to me on a CD/DVD for $ 30.00 from the USA. Did that 2 years ago and it came with a VIM disk with software which would let you watch videos while under way. The OEM will not allow video playing in motion.

Last edited:

Strider17

Veteran Member
TDI

I can get this mailed to me on a CD/DVD for $ 30.00 from the USA. Did that 2 years ago and it came with a VIM disk with software which would let you watch videos while under way. The OEM will not allow video playing in motion.

^^^^^^^^ agreed.

id be willing to pay 5 bucks to get the firmware update...otherwise its not worth my time, gas or care about having the latest update

Jetta_Pilot

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Passat Highline TDI Candy White (SEL Premium) long gone 2002 Jetta TDI
There is a FW 6276 update out there but it is NOT for the North American RSN 510 !!!
Even if you find it DO NOT USE IT !!!

jayski

TDI
NMS Passat

Not trying to get rich at all lol. I just figured I'd offer it up here as it may be quicker shipping within Canada for any Canucks searching for it and the ftp option being even quicker. And it's a known working update not one anyone would question if it's euro or NA. I didn't offer the VIM disc as it's a free download I've seen in many places. At any rate, nobody seems to need it and that's fine :)

Wagon no more..

TDI
2003 Jetta Wagon loaded till Oct 2019. 2015 Passat Highline Manual White
Thanks jetta pilot!

Can you share where you are getting work done. You have some of the upgrades that I would like to do
Thanks

1975 Kombi

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 TDI Jetta, 2011 Touareg TDI, 1992 D Jetta, 1992 TD Jetta, 2001 NB TDI, 1992 Golf coupe D
If anyone needs firmware help let me know. I can help with installing it.

Tom61101

TDI
2013 Jetta TDI
Do you still have a copy of the latest north america map for download?

jayski

TDI
NMS Passat
I have all of the RNS-510 firmware updates. You can download the appropriate version for your unit from my server or I can mail the disc out to you. I can help you determine the correct version for your unit if you're unsure.

I also have the most current NAV update V.12M (version is 8534) and this is good for any RNS510 unit, it doesn't matter which firmware version you're running or how old your unit is.

I do also have the VIM hack also but you can get that from a number of sites anyways. It's free if you want it.

Message me if you're looking for any updates or have any RNS510 issues. There hasn't been a unit I couldn't assist with to date.

Last edited:

S_Passat_B7

TDI
Passat
Hello. I'm also looking for 5382 firmware for my RNS 510 3C0 035 684 N
Can anybody upload firmware iso image to google drive or other file hosting?
Thanks.

Cermel81

TDI
2015 Tiguan
I have all of the RNS-510 firmware updates. You can download the appropriate version for your unit from my server or I can mail the disc out to you. I can help you determine the correct version for your unit if you're unsure.

I also have the most current NAV update V.12M (version is 8534) and this is good for any RNS510 unit, it doesn't matter which firmware version you're running or hold old your unit is.

I do also have the VIM hack also but you can get that from a number of sites anyways.I It'sfree if you want it.

Message me if you're looking for any updates or have any RNS510 issues. There hasn't been a unit I couldn't assist with to date.
Hey Jay,

I am trying to figure out if I need to replace my RNS510 or if updates will fix my issue. The unit restarts randomly. I have tried all resets and factory resets multiple times and nothing has corrected the issue. Replacing the unit is my last resort and also quite expensive. What are your thoughts?

BBRRIIAANN

TDI
Passat
Anybody in the GTA have a copy of this firmware they could sell to me or let me borrow? Would be very much appreciated!
Hi, I know it's been a while since your post but do you still have this, or know someone who does? Can it be used multiple times? I need to find or buy a copy somewhere
Thanks!

amit9

Veteran Member
TDI
None...
this takes me to 'a bad place'...I am looking for RNS-510 firmware updates.
It was working when I posted it back in 2019.

I found this post in tdiclub by a member who's offering it.

Try PM'ing him.

jayski

TDI
NMS Passat
Yes I'm able to help if you need :)
Just drop me a PM or email me:

j a y s k i 9 9 ATTTTTTTT h o t m a i l . c o m

Sorry for the spaces in that but might prevent spam being sent to me.
Thanks!