Starting my HID retrofit project

TdiAvenger

Veteran Member
TDI
TDI, 2003, red
So im always looking for new things to do to my jetta and a friend of mine retrofited some same year Passat heads in his 01 jetta. I want to do something similar, but not exactly the same.

He only head lows, but i want to keep both, so im doing a Bi-xenon retro fit. I've pretty much decided on Infiniti bi-xenon projectors(maybe from an FX or G) in some GLI getta internals. Any advice or comments would be very helpful.

hopefully get my projectors in a week or two

TdiAvenger

Veteran Member
TDI
TDI, 2003, red
20IndigoBlue02 said:
Ebay is your friend for getting projectors
well i didnt want to mention it, but i accidentally bought A projector from an fx35. i bid on it 20 bucks, came home, and won.

so either i need to find one more, or just buy a new set

Link977

Veteran Member
TDI
2000 Jetta TDI
TdiAvenger said:
why is that?
Their pattern are much better than FX's.
The best bi-xenon is LS430's, it has the widest pattern and the
cut off is sharper than others.
Cuz LS430's is pricy and hard to find, so TL is the 2nd choice, same reason.
FX's is ok, unless you swap them to clear lens you won't get what you expected.

jjasperson

TDI
2004 Jetta GLS PD
I'm very interested in this conversion project. I've been thinking of doing the same thing while my car gets rehabilitated from a tragic run in with a telephone pole.

My brother-in-law has an Acura TL and his headlights are, well, ridiculously good. Given the chance, $$$, and time, I would definitely perform this conversion. I haven't seen the LS430's beams, but the TL's are phenominal.

Please, please take lots of pics and diary your progress as I would love to follow your lead!

Good luck!!!