2012 Touareg No Heat

ctennyson

TDI
2010 Jetta
Hello Guys,

I have a 2012 Touareg that decided to stop blowing heat today. (I kinda need the heat in Ontario this time of year)

I can feel warm air coming from the vents but no blowing air of any sort. Where is the blower motor located and is this a common problem with the 2012 Touareg ? I wonder if there is a DIY anywhere to complete this job ?

Cheers

Last edited:

Radman

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2014 Audi A6 TDI, 2014 Touareg TDI
Check on Club Touareg, the fans have been known to fail on the Touaregs.

ctennyson

TDI
2010 Jetta
Took a look on clubtouareg.com and discovered its a very common problem with the this vehicle.

After receiving a quote from the dealership, I decided I could do this myself. After lying upside down for an hour underneath the glove box, i pulled out the blower motor and tested it outside the housing. Low and behold the motor started and ran perfectly. Put everything back and its now working like new.

Guess I was lucky this time and just a lose wire or something but at least my wife and kids have heat again.

showdown 42

Veteran Member
TDI
2016 TDI touareg
Very strange not to find what caused the fault,it would worry me about have to do this over again. Good luck ,my 2012 didn't have the issue thankfully.

MO Treg

TDI
2014 Touareg
Same thing happened to me yesterday; very low heat from any of the vents.

Parked it overnight and its fine again this morning

Trex deisel

TDI
2011 touareg
I fixed my 2011 touareg TDI heat issue yesterday. It was the coolant control valve in the coolant line going to the heater core. It eas stuck shut. It should be open with no electricity going to it. The motor and electrical box on the part had gotten water inside it. $168 part, 3 hours of work and the heat now works perfectly.

Trex deisel

TDI
2011 touareg
I fixed my 2011 touareg TDI heat issue yesterday. It was the coolant control valve in the coolant line going to the heater core. It eas stuck shut. It should be open with no electricity going to it. The motor and electrical box on the part had gotten water inside it. $168 part, 3 hours of work and the heat now works perfectly.

1975 Kombi

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 TDI Jetta, 2011 Touareg TDI, 1992 D Jetta, 1992 TD Jetta, 2001 NB TDI, 1992 Golf coupe D
Working on mine now. Seems it powers in both directions. I put in a test piece of heater hose and pulled the valve out. I have lots of heat now. It works in both directions out of the car but must have been stuck. It did not throw any codes.

Trex deisel

TDI
2011 touareg
Mine did not throw a code either but was definitely bad. I put 12V on it and it opened but would not shut again.