New to this group and already clutch problem.

florida_steve

TDI
2014 Jetta Sedan
Good morning everyone. Greetings from Florida....I recently inherited a 2014 VW jetta TDI m/t and it ran without much problem for about a week at all until a couple days ago. Then, *bam* clutch went crazy and a couple of blocks from home the clutch would only engage when it was a few inches off the floor.... was able to get it home. Now the clutch hits the floor and does not engage and stays on the floor. Spent the last few days lurking around the group and the consensus seems to be the clutch slave cylinder. What i seem to find is the part searching is assembly with the throwout gear (part number 0A5141671). I am not much of a mechanic and transmissions are beyond my skill set. Have an appointment with the local dealership today.... any advice would be really appreciated. :confused:

Airgreasemonkey

TDI
2013 Jetta TDI
You aren't alone, I just picked up a 2013 Jetta TDI and the other week i had a similar issue. Check to see if your brake fluid level is a little low and pump the clutch a good 5 to 10 times. That got mine back to life in the short term. I just got finished changing out the clutch master cylinder (easiest part to change) and flushed the line to the bleed port under your airbox because the fluid was nasty. The other thing to check is to see if you have brake fluid leading from where the transmission mounts to the engine. I noticed some on mine. I hope it is just residual from making a small mess while bleeding the system. I have a clean paper towel under it now and we shall see how much drips out overnight.