Timeline after offer is notarized?

Smallz

TDI
2015 VW Passat
That payment might already be accounted for in your buyback amount. Check your offer letter vs current outstanding loan balance.
Yes the amount on the offer letter is the same as the current balance but i remembered this part of the letter stating continuing of payments.

"Loan Payments: Regardless of which option you choose, please note that you are expected to continue to make your loan payments until you accept your offer, schedule an appointment and complete your remedy. Deficient payments and associated fees incurred after June 28, 2016 are not part of the loan forgiveness portion of the Settlement"

This is why i would like to get an appt set and get in soon but if not I'll make the payment.

chadbag

Veteran Member
TDI
2x 2013 JSW (1 manual BOUGHT BACK 12/20/16, 1 DSG BOUGHT BACK 1/14/17), Audi A3 e-tron gas-plugin-hybrid, gas Volvo V60
Yes the amount on the offer letter is the same as the current balance but i remembered this part of the letter stating continuing of payments.

"Loan Payments: Regardless of which option you choose, please note that you are expected to continue to make your loan payments until you accept your offer, schedule an appointment and complete your remedy. Deficient payments and associated fees incurred after June 28, 2016 are not part of the loan forgiveness portion of the Settlement"

This is why i would like to get an appt set and get in soon but if not I'll make the payment.
It sucks, but all you will lose is time-value of money, not the actual money. Your lender will send any overpayment back to you.

dkcbstreeter

TDI
2015 Passat SE
I uploaded my signed and notarized offer letter on 11/14, I called with a question on timing and was told ten business days and if I didn't hear anything by 11/29 to call back. I called this morning and was told there is a two step process so each gets ten days...this puts it out to 12/13. I am so frustrated with the different answers we all are getting when you call the hotline. Registration is up today so I guess I will get a trip permit for my drive to turn it in.

sag362

TDI
Jetta
Submitted my notarized papers on 11/18, got email today to schedule appt. Looks like many days are now available. Booked for a Saturday in the afternoon.

TDIsoup

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 Passat
I did call the helpline this morning just to ask and the guy told me it could be up to 20 days before they verify my notarized document. If that is the case that would put it at 12/21 counting only business days and i would have to make another payment on the car as it is due 12/6 but bank told me i had a 10 day grace period so 12/16. Was really hoping to have it done before my next payment is due.
Be careful with this. VW took my payment without authorization, as I have never setup auto-withdraw.

Smallz

TDI
2015 VW Passat
Be careful with this. VW took my payment without authorization, as I have never setup auto-withdraw.
I don't have auto draw setup. I just set it up manually each month but i will wait as long as i can to make sure i don't default on it though. Again fingers crossed.

chadbag

Veteran Member
TDI
2x 2013 JSW (1 manual BOUGHT BACK 12/20/16, 1 DSG BOUGHT BACK 1/14/17), Audi A3 e-tron gas-plugin-hybrid, gas Volvo V60

I don't have auto-draw set up and have gone past the date a couple times by a day or two and never had any auto withdraw happen. I'd check your settings.

TDIsoup

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 Passat
I don't have auto-draw set up and have gone past the date a couple times by a day or two and never had any auto withdraw happen. I'd check your settings.
I've had the car for 3 years and have always manually paid. They do have my information saved because I saved it in the system which is the only thing I can guess as to how. But again I have never set up or authorized an auto-draft.

MarkB

TDI
2012 Passat
Just called into the claims hotline and found out that there is an issue with my buyback document that I uploaded to the claims site on 11/4. It seems as if the file was corrupted and could not be opened. I was never made aware of any issues until I called them today. I have called at least 3 other times since 11/7 to find out the status and this is the first time I have been made aware of any issue, no email no nothing. I was told to fax the offer in because if they reset my account, it would take me back to step 8, what a load of crap. Now I have to wait for someone to go over to a fax machine and grab my offer and load it into the portal and review it, and to the back of the line I go. It's just a good thing my doctor just upped my blood pressure medication yesterday.

phrinda

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 Golf TDI- bought back
I uploaded the final offer on 11/18. I just received the email to book my appt. I am booked for 12/17. The earliest appt was the 16th for my dealer, but that is my oldest's bday so I figured that I would go the following day.

chadbag

Veteran Member
TDI
uploaded notarized on 11/18 (later in the day)
got scheduling invite today, 12 /1

scheduled for 12/20 (earliest was 12/15 but wife's work schedule interfered)

dc2002

TDI
2013 Passat SE Roof Nav
Looks like they hit a lull over the thanksgiving break...many of them before the holiday were flipping to "book your appointment" status within 1-2 days...now it looks like 10 days from final upload.

GJP

TDI
2013 Jetta
Timeline

Does VW have a timeline for any of the steps? In reading over many posts there are questions about timelines going back to September for each step. Is there a way to get any updates from VW on progress or a rough timeline on each step? I have called several times and just get the answer that they have no further information and that it's taking longer than expected.

GJP

TDI
2013 Jetta
My three documents were accepted and approved on 11/8. No reply yet on my final offer.

DanB36

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 Q5 Prestige TDI, Monsoon Gray
Offer received and returned 11/23, received email about noon today to schedule the appointment. Appointment scheduled for 12/15 at 6:00 PM.

yehaman

Veteran Member
TDI
2012 Passat TDI SEL
Offer received and returned 11/23, received email about noon today to schedule the appointment. Appointment scheduled for 12/15 at 6:00 PM.

Getting closer, I uploaded/returned docs 11/25....impatiently :) waiting....

Coffeemade

Veteran Member
TDI
2012 VW Passat TDI SEL Prem
I uploaded my signed and notarized offer letter on 11/14, I called with a question on timing and was told ten business days and if I didn't hear anything by 11/29 to call back. I called this morning and was told there is a two step process so each gets ten days...this puts it out to 12/13. I am so frustrated with the different answers we all are getting when you call the hotline. Registration is up today so I guess I will get a trip permit for my drive to turn it in.
Yeah I submitted mine on the 14th and called each day for the past week. Each time they seem shocked and then return with just wait.

VW lost me a customer forever.

dmanb2b

Veteran Member
TDI
2012 Jetta, 2011 335D
Some hope then...mine was 11/22, no e-mail yet

TDIsoup

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 Passat
I'll break your e-kneecaps if you're joking.

I'm joking of course. :D This is good news.

garment69

TDI
2013 Passat SEL w/DSG

Im seething with jealousy. How dare you jump in front of us 11/22'ers!!

Happy for you.