Got an offer email

dpospres

TDI
2009 Jetta TDI Blue Graphite 6 speed manual (sold), 2012 Passat TDI SE Sunroof NAV, Night Blue Moonrock (bought back 12/13),2017 Audi A3 Quattro Prestige
Was anyone else who got an offer notarized only able to upload 1 of the 2 docs, and now you can't go back to step 16? (Wouldn't allow more than one file)

UGH!! On hold now.. :mad:

I uploaded the whole thing as one document

26point2

TDI
2012 Audi A3 TDI SLine P+
Was anyone else who got an offer notarized only able to upload 1 of the 2 docs, and now you can't go back to step 16? (Wouldn't allow more than one file)

Why not just upload all 7 pages as one doc?

TDIinMA

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 JSW 6MT; Black uni, Cornsilk

SOOOO pissed!!

They said they could only set it back to the original doc upload page, so I have to wait for the 3rd party to review and handle it.

ARGH! :mad:

What did others do? It only allowed one file to be uploaded ... but I have 4?

Last edited:

jims2321

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 VW Jetta TDI 6mt, sold back, replacement 2017 Golf GTI Autobahn
SOOOO pissed!!

They said they could only set it back to the original doc upload page, so I ave to wait for the 3rd party to review and handle it.

ARGH! :mad:

Option 1 scan them all as one large pdf.
Option 2 find a tool that will combine the pdf's into one file
Option 3 zip the files up into on zip file
Option 4 fax them the documents.

TDIinMA

Veteran Member
TDI
Option 1 scan them all as one large pdf.
Option 2 find a tool that will combine the pdf's into one file
Option 3 zip the files up into on zip file
Option 4 fax them the documents.
Dammit!!

Not at all like the original upload process.

bubbagumpshrimp

Veteran Member
TDI
'13 Jetta TDI
Do the documents for the offer say anything about what is next step if you dispute the dollar amount? I just noticed that my 2013 JSW has power seats but the preliminary VW offer doesn't include that option ($330). I kept the monroney sticker and it says I have power seat.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
You're looking at getting cut a check for a few grand more than your car is worth and you want to haggle over $330?

To answer your question though...contact one of the sharks that will likely be attempting to represent the handful of people that opt to sue, rather than settle.

ericy

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Golf TDI (wife's car)
It probably doesn't make you feel any better, but the rest of us can learn from your experience. I had an issue with the original upload of my title, and it cost me 2 weeks.:mad:

TDIinMA

Veteran Member
TDI
It probably doesn't make you feel any better, but the rest of us can learn from your experience. I had an issue with the original upload of my title, and it cost me 2 weeks.:mad:
I did think of that ... the only positive.

This time I scanned to PDF files and zipped them into one folder.

Now, .... I wait. But hey, some haven't even had their docs accepted yet.

It's just very frustrating because I may buy a car tomorrow and I thought the stars were aligning for perfect timing. :(

DanB36

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 Q5 Prestige TDI, Monsoon Gray
To answer your question though...contact one of the sharks that will likely be attempting to represent the handful of people that opt to sue, rather than settle.
Too late for that; the opt-out deadline was over 6 weeks ago. Class counsel would be a better contact, or the claims supervisor.

tdidetroit

TDI
2014 Sportwagen TDI

This happened to me, called the 844 number around 4pm today, was told to photograph both pages into one file, they would reset my portal page(which would take a few hours), and I could upload the one file. Still waiting for the reset, 6 hours later.

k1xv

Veteran Member
TDI
09 TDI sedan, sold back 12/16. Present cars 2013 BMW X5 diesel, 2015 Corvette convertible
Do the documents for the offer say anything about what is next step if you dispute the dollar amount? I just noticed that my 2013 JSW has power seats but the preliminary VW offer doesn't include that option ($330). I kept the monroney sticker and it says I have power seat.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The settlement specifies what options are assigned an adjustment, and which are not. On my car, the options that affected the offer were sunroof, manual or auto transmission, and navigation. Nothing else. I also have, on my car, optional 17 inch factory wheels, a spoiler, mud guards, all things that I paid for. But if they are not included in the options requiring adjustment of the buy back price, you are SOL.

I also had aftermarket protective film applied. No adjustment for that either.

I think you may not fully understand this aspect of the settlement.

bubbagumpshrimp

Veteran Member
TDI
'13 Jetta TDI
Too late for that; the opt-out deadline was over 6 weeks ago. Class counsel would be a better contact, or the claims supervisor.
I'm curious to see how that plays out. I can see someone that got a ~$25k offer through the class action getting $30k in court and then having to fork over 25%+ of their settlement to their attorney.

DanB36

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 Q5 Prestige TDI, Monsoon Gray
I think you may not fully understand this aspect of the settlement.
I think he understands it perfectly well. For many (but not all) affected vehicles, power seats do rate a value adjustment.

TDIinMA

Veteran Member
TDI

This happened to me, called the 844 number around 4pm today, was told to photograph both pages into one file, they would reset my portal page(which would take a few hours), and I could upload the one file. Still waiting for the reset, 6 hours later.
It wasn't all that reassuring when the girl said, "Oh, you're the first one to have this happen."

At least they said it would only be a few hours. That's comforting, but I doubt they are working around the clock, and possibly not even over the weekend.

And the ones who control it are 3rd party, so the VW people claim they can't do anything about it.

Last edited:

atomicfront

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 VW Jetta wagon tdi
You're looking at getting cut a check for a few grand more than your car is worth and you want to haggle over $330?

If he is entitled to 330 dollars more than their offer why would he not try to get the money rightly owned to him? If you think it is insignicAnt amount of money send him it to him yourself.

k1xv

Veteran Member
TDI
09 TDI sedan, sold back 12/16. Present cars 2013 BMW X5 diesel, 2015 Corvette convertible
I think he understands it perfectly well. For many (but not all) affected vehicles, power seats do rate a value adjustment.
If so, I was unaware of it, and stand corrected.

luftwaffles

TDI
Sold
Your outrage is ridiculous and misplaced. Some third party contractor is handling this stuff. But that's okay, get pissed at people not directly involved. While you're at it, why not join some of the other TDIClub members on the phones and scream at the call center workers too. Their job isn't ****ty enough as it is, so you should yell at them for things they have no control over.

90+% of owners involved in the suit aren't online b!tching about it and filling out spreadsheets.

Eggieztdi

Veteran Member
TDI
Man. 2015 TDIs
your outrage is ridiculous and misplaced. Some third party contractor is handling this stuff. But that's okay, get pissed at people not directly involved. While you're at it, why not join some of the other tdiclub members on the phones and scream at the call center workers too. Their job isn't ****ty enough as it is, so you should yell at them for things they have no control over.

90+% of owners involved in the suit aren't online b!tching about it and filling out spreadsheets.
**** all of you

Last edited:

BuyMeBackSoon

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 golf
Imagine how nasty this place would be if the subject involved paying money to a car company instead of getting some back from them.

Lighten up people.

TDI
2015 Sportwagen
I just received a second identical piece of mail from VWCourtSettlement informing me of my options. I already have a claim number and they are reviewing my documents.

I guess they must have money to burn on postage. What in the hell is wrong with these people?;)
Same here. I will say that initially I felt...............could this be the paper I have waited for since 10/5 when I uploaded....Only to be denied. Still waiting for document approval.

HBarlow

Veteran Member
TDI
2009 Jetta Sportwagen, 2016 Audi Q5 TDI
Your outrage is ridiculous and misplaced. Some third party contractor is handling this stuff. But that's okay, get pissed at people not directly involved. While you're at it, why not join some of the other TDIClub members on the phones and scream at the call center workers too. Their job isn't ****ty enough as it is, so you should yell at them for things they have no control over.

Like. And agree.

ericy

Veteran Member
TDI
Could someone else look at the spreadsheet and convince me they aren't taking care of "paid off" owners first?
There is an extra step in the process for the people that have loans (I believe they have to contact the lender to verify the loan balance), so it doesn't surprise me that there is a little delay before those offers go out.

coolbreeze

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Golf TDI SE DSG - 2016 Tig SE for the wifey

Most likely a younger member. When I say younger I mean younger then us Baby Boomers. We have a several generations that has grown up entitled and the parents have centered the world around them. They don't know any different.

That is why this site is changing. Many new members simply have grown up in a time when it is excepted to be disrespectful and concerned about themselves first.

Hopefully this all goes away in 2 to 3 months

Last edited:

coolbreeze

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Golf TDI SE DSG - 2016 Tig SE for the wifey
Spreadsheet

Can't find the spreadsheet. Can we start a thread titled Buyback Spreadsheet and sticky it. I want to keep up with it but am having a hard time finding it. Also we will get more data and participation if it is easy to find.

ericy

Veteran Member
TDI
Can't find the spreadsheet. Can we start a thread titled Buyback Spreadsheet and sticky it. I want to keep up with it but am having a hard time finding it. Also we will get more data and participation if it is easy to find.
Here it is:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...Y2I/edit#gid=0
You have to log into Google to edit the thing.
I am not an admin, so I can't sticky anything, but it does sound like a good idea.

Last edited:

jsims74

TDI
2015 Jetta TDI
I received my offer yesterday. Submitted my docs on 9/17, accepted on 10/18. No loan/lien, and I do have a co-registrant. I noticed in the information that the co-registrant does not have to be present at the buyback if you have a power of attorney.