Turn-In Condition Thread!

whatnxt

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Q5 TDI Premium +
Can't take off the tint, clear bra, OEM front spoiler or side skirts. Undecided what to do about the Koni coils and the TDIClub license frames. Bulbs and other little things are too much to bother with.

Talked to the dealer today and confirmed that "extras" will not be paid for. Bad thing was that we were negotiating on a trade-in weeks before all broke loose, for $2K above KBB.

Oh well, great fun while it lasted.

Last edited:

Salsaman06

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 Passat TDI SEL (sold back to VWoA Dec 21, 2016)
Mine will go back in as good condition 46K miles will allow with everything in place as was from the factory. I will take those things like custom dash mat, custom fit sun screen, bluetooth adapter I used to monitor regens, trunk mat, never used factory floor mats, etc. all things I purchased afterwards. Will prob put those up for sale here cheap for my TDI friends here.

Wingdinger

TDI
2009 Jetta, 2005.5 Jetta
Mine (2009 Jetta) is going back mostly stock. I bought a 2005.5 Jetta TDI to replace it. So far I've swapped headlights, taillights, wheels and tires, and spares between the cars. I've robbed door handles, switches, etc, to replace worn ones in the older one. The crappy Pioneer HU that was in the 05 is going back in the 09. I'm thinking of swapping transmissions if possible, because the newer one feels way better than the old one. (DSG) I'll probably remove the floor mats. I certainly wouldn't feel right about gutting it like I here some guys talk about... (driving in on a 5 gallon bucket) :D

JDSwan87

Black Swamp Thing
TDI
2001 Jetta TDI, 5 speed Lagoon Blue Metallic(sold); 2005 Jetta TDI Wagon auto
Can't take off the tint, clear bra, OEM front spoiler or side skirts. Undecided what to do about the Koni coils and the TDIClub license frames.
Sell the license plate frames here and give the proceeds to TDICLUB. When I sold a car on here, I donated a percentage of the sale.

Jimbabwe

TDI
2014 JSW TDI DSG
When I first bought my JSW I used one of the original floor mats as a flap for a recently broken pet door. I'm thinking of keeping the Monster Mats and giving them the old hairy dirty dog flap back...

jims2321

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 VW Jetta TDI 6mt, sold back, replacement 2017 Golf GTI Autobahn
Returning like I got it. Well almost, few scratches here and there. But essentially the same condition. I will miss the old girl, but wife and hip problems makes the buyback too good to pass up

Clark Addison

TDI
2010 Sportwagen TDI
Mine is stock except for GTI 17" wheels and window tint. Got hit in a parking lot and the respray on the doors doesn't exactly match. I was worried what that would do to trade-in value. Of course that was before dieselgate.

Got-TDi?

TDI
2014 Passat SEL
Ours will go back looking like a brand new car the same as the day we drove it off the lot (+53k miles). We take great care of our vehicles and expect to pass it on in the same condition. It's been a great car and hope it goes to a good home.

ericy

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Golf TDI (wife's car)
Ours will go back looking like a brand new car the same as the day we drove it off the lot (+53k miles). We take great care of our vehicles and expect to pass it on in the same condition. It's been a great car and hope it goes to a good home.
Mine is about the same except that I only have 24K miles. It still smells like a new car.

About the only thing that I did to the car was get the windows tinted. It has a black interior, and it just seemed prudent. I decided to never buy another dark interior car again (the Volvo has beige).

This weekend I will have to go out and get the JSW inspected (registration is up in December). It seems unlikely that the turn-in will happen before January.

GSwag

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 Passat
My 2013 passat has 64850 miles. There is a hole in teh front bumper where I forgot it in neutral and it rolled into my truck's trailer hitch.

The check engine came on about 100 miles ago so I parked it. The fan has begun to stay on after I turn it off every time I drive it.

Thinking about pulling off my trailer hitch but not sure what good it would do me, will never own another vw after this. Tires are in good condition which kinda irritates me.

I have expensive ceramic tint and want to mess it up befopre turn in based on what they are giving me but probably won't.

the door handle on the rear driver door doesnt work or open the door> Glad I didnt spend money fixing it.,

Geesixty

TDI
2010 Jetta TDI Cup Edition
Talked to the dealer today and confirmed that "extras" will not be paid for. Bad thing was that we were negotiating on a trade-in weeks before all broke loose, for $2K above KBB.

Oh well, great fun while it lasted.
I'm curious then about the $3500 I spent on the TDI Cup body kit package, which shows up on the window sticker. Any ideas? I didn't see anything about dealer / port installed items in the settlement papers.

Cayman

Veteran Member
TDI
Jetta
I removed as much of the stuff I installed that was practical, and am putting them up for sale:

Candy white rear spoiler
TDI license plate frame
Stainless steel exhaust tips
Jetta TDI Sill plates
Sports pedals
Summer mats
Winter Monster mats
VCDS VAGCOM OBDII scanning cable
Coverking Stormproof custom car cover
Colgan custom front bra
Weathertech Trunk Liner

There's plenty of upgrades that will stay on the car when its turned in 11/25: tint, Michelin tires, LED lighting throughout the car, auto headlights, fog lights, etc..

I removed my Pioneer head unit so there's a gaping hole, and I cracked the windshield removing the Gentex self dimming mirror. Oops. And the tags have expired so the car will be towed to the dealer.

BleachedBora

Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
'81 DMC-12, '15 GL350 CDI 275 hp/448 tq - '81 Caddy CJAA, '05 E320 CDI 250hp/450 tq, '23 ID4 AWD Pro S Plus
Mine (2009 Jetta) is going back mostly stock. I bought a 2005.5 Jetta TDI to replace it. So far I've swapped headlights, taillights, wheels and tires, and spares between the cars. I've robbed door handles, switches, etc, to replace worn ones in the older one. The crappy Pioneer HU that was in the 05 is going back in the 09. I'm thinking of swapping transmissions if possible, because the newer one feels way better than the old one. (DSG) I'll probably remove the floor mats. I certainly wouldn't feel right about gutting it like I here some guys talk about... (driving in on a 5 gallon bucket) :D
'09 DSG transmissions will work in a BRM. One of the mounting points takes a little finessing, but otherwise it's plug and play.

BleachedBora

TDI
'81 DMC-12, '15 GL350 CDI 275 hp/448 tq - '81 Caddy CJAA, '05 E320 CDI 250hp/450 tq, '23 ID4 AWD Pro S Plus
I'm curious then about the $3500 I spent on the TDI Cup body kit package, which shows up on the window sticker. Any ideas? I didn't see anything about dealer / port installed items in the settlement papers.
I am so on the fence with my Cup. It's driving me crazy.
There is a small increase they are giving for Cup cars, body kit does not matter.

LogicBomb

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 Passat
I'll be turning mine in as-is. There's a scuff on the rear bumper, thanks Long Beach resident who can't parallel park worth a damn. I need to remove the Infinity Basslink I installed, but I may just leave the wiring in place. I'll leave the interior LEDs and the broken interior panel VW of Huntington Beach broke during a heater core replacement. They tried to fix it 4 times and installed a new piece on their dime and it still falls out of place.

Geesixty

TDI
I am so on the fence with my Cup. It's driving me crazy.
There is a small increase they are giving for Cup cars, body kit does not matter.
Well then, I guess they can buy back the car sans kit. That was an expensive option. :mad:

May I ask why you are on the fence?

Green Hare

TDI
2010 Golf TDI
My 2010 Golf is already in storage at the dealer waiting, everything added to it by me has been removed, except for the trigger wire for the rear fog, and she's sitting on 15" steel wheels with near bald winter tires as I traded the 17" alloys several years ago for the 18" Bristols off a friend's Passat when he turned it in at lease end...

...those Bristols now were traded to a friend for the 16" alloys off his Jetta to be the winter wheels for my TDI replacement.

skinnyb

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 JSW TDI
Mine is going back exactly like I got it minus all aftermarket accessories. The only thing I'm not removing is the window tint. Sold my tires and wheels when the stock went back on as did my under seat drawer and other goodies... Body is pretty much mint to have 110k...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

whatnxt

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Q5 TDI Premium +
Would check with your dealer and the VW Turn-in Rep. Seems that KBB for the car, as delivered would apply. I have only talked to the Dealer and what they were told. Turn-in web site does not account for "as delivered" extras and neither does the settlement, as I read it.

DanB36

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 Q5 Prestige TDI, Monsoon Gray
Seems that KBB for the car, as delivered would apply.
It might seem that way, but it isn't the case. First, the value is based on NADA, not KBB. Second, it's adjusted only for factory-installed options. Third, it's only adjusted for certain options (which I'd guess are the ones that NADA adjusts for, but I haven't checked that).

Geesixty

TDI
It might seem that way, but it isn't the case. First, the value is based on NADA, not KBB. Second, it's adjusted only for factory-installed options. Third, it's only adjusted for certain options (which I'd guess are the ones that NADA adjusts for, but I haven't checked that).
The TDICup body kit was port installed... so it was neither factory nor dealer installed. More like VWOA installed. :confused:

BleachedBora

TDI
Well then, I guess they can buy back the car sans kit. That was an expensive option. :mad:

May I ask why you are on the fence?
I love the car, but I've only put about 1500 miles on it in 2.5 years. It's stuck in a hard limp mode right now which I am having trouble fixing. I have a huge amount of projects and not a huge amount of time...

It only has 29k miles on it, brand new transmission with Peloquin high torque diff, new DC Stage 3 02Q clutch, Hella Dynabeams with HID's, New RNS-510 Nav, 2260 turbo, and a mod list that's a mile long. If I pull off a few things and turn it in in March it's worth over $23k. Just pulling a few parts and I'm close to $30k. I'd sell it to a good home for the right price, but it makes more economic sense to thin the stables a little.

Also prepping the B5.5 wagon for sale too. Way too much going on... *Sigh*

cmarcho

TDI
2015 Corvette Z51 7spd / 2016 ATS-V (was '13 passat sel)
with turn-ins just around the corner, I want to see the first one that is turning in a wrecked car! Take pics!

JettaJedi

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 Jetta Wagon GL 5 spd, 2003 Jetta TDI GL 4dr 5 spd, 2017 Golf TSI Wolfsburg Edition
My 2010 Golf is already in storage at the dealer waiting, everything added to it by me has been removed, except for the trigger wire for the rear fog, and she's sitting on 15" steel wheels with near bald winter tires as I traded the 17" alloys several years ago for the 18" Bristols off a friend's Passat when he turned it in at lease end...

...those Bristols now were traded to a friend for the 16" alloys off his Jetta to be the winter wheels for my TDI replacement.
Great idea! Does anyone know if Golf Gen1 (2013) 17" wheels would fit a Jetta A4 - looked up the sizes and there seemed to be a 2mm difference in bolt pattern perhaps ?

tactdi

Veteran Member
TDI
2005.5 Jetta
Great idea! Does anyone know if Golf Gen1 (2013) 17" wheels would fit a Jetta A4 - looked up the sizes and there seemed to be a 2mm difference in bolt pattern perhaps ?
Jetta A4 wheels are 5 x 100, the newer Jettas are 5 X 112,
so they will not fit.

DanB36

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 Q5 Prestige TDI, Monsoon Gray
Is that sitting on a lot with other wrecked vehicles?
Those pictures were taken in the back yard of the tow truck driver, along with the car that hit me (the dark Lexus just to the right of my car), and the car that hit her (the white Nissan Pathfinder just to the right of the Lexus). The white JSW in front of my car is also mine, and is not wrecked.

My car has since been moved to another lot.