Saturn VUE conversion TDI candidate

Sand Bag

TDI
'06 Silver Jetta TDI manual & '11 Audi Q7 S-Line V6 TDI
I may have posted this thread in the wrong area but here it goes.

I have been pondering the conversion of my wife’s 2002 Saturn Vue. The car is reaching the 150k mi range and has served us well. She loves the car especially in the winter (as do I) for the AWD. The unfortunate part comes from fuel mileage. If your light on the peddle and drive under 60mph it’s possible to get 23mpg. However typical driving boasts about 19mpg. It is strictly stock and still maintains the 3.0 liter motor and automatic transmission. I’ve been thinking about this and would love to drop in a 2.0 liter TDI from a Passat. Here comes the dilemma in my pipe dream:

Is it possible to drop in a 2.0 liter TDI from a Passat, maintain the “automatic” status, and AWD by adding 4Motion?

I know TDI Passats are available with 4Motion in Europe but has anyone been able to do a TDI+4Motion conversion in the US?

At the moment this is only a pipe dream and I don’t foresee this occurring anytime soon (as I have limited funding) and to obtain a 2.0 TDI + 4Motion = pricey:cool:

Sand Bag

TDI
'06 Silver Jetta TDI manual & '11 Audi Q7 S-Line V6 TDI
That is interesting...didn't know that actually existed. The problem would be is finding a 2.0 liter (RA 420 SOHC) state side or getting it state side. I wonder how reliable these diesels are and average mpg?