VCDS like software for Jeep Wrangler

JASONP

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Golf TDI Comfortline 6spd
Looking to add backup camera to the gf's 2011 Wrangler and need to enable VIM for it all to work.
Anyone know of such a product that is as capable as VCDS?
I did find a few kits that have a flash dongle to enable it but the kit is over $500 and I can do this for under $100 provided I can get the VIM enabled.
Last alternative is Jeep dealer I guess...

Thanks for you input

JASONP

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Is this software available to the general public or have to be a registered business to obtain it?
I'm assuming it's an obd - serial or usb cable like vcds as well

oilhammer

Certified Volkswagen Nut & Vendor
TDI
There are just too many to list....
Well, it is around $6k, so I don't think you'll be going after that. For us, it is worth it, it gets used almost daily. It does need to be licensed out, and there is an annual upkeep fee as well.

In your case, it sounds like the dealer is probably the best (easiest) way to get done what you need done, assuming they know how to do it.

You can also have them update the programming on all the modules that need it, too. Usually, about a third of them have software updates from what I have seen.

The software on the PC connects to the car via a cat-5 crossover cable to an interface box, then from that into the car's DLC. It also has a DRBIII emulator on board, for the older cars, but we still have our old DRBIII and it still works fine on that stuff.

JASONP

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Haha good to know thanks !!
For that price I can swap the entire sound system and head unit and have it installed :)
Thanks for your valued input