Trailer Hitch from 2010 Jetta Wagon TDI fit 2006 MK4 Golf

Beaker80

TDI
2006 Golf TDI Manual
A friend is taking the buy-back for her 2010 Jetta Wagon TDI and it has a trailer hitch on it. Will it fit my 2006 Golf TDI 4 door hatch? I did a quick search on IDParts and it looks like a NO(different part numbers). I'm thinking it won't fit but wanted to ask the experts. Thanks

WildChild80

Veteran Member
TDI
2001 Jetta TDI 2000 Jetta TDI 2000 New Beetle TDI ALL 5 speeds
There are exceptions to the rule but most if the time different part numbers mean different part. Could you put a valve cover from a 2006 TDI or a 2002? Different part number... totally different part

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

WildChild80

Veteran Member
TDI
2001 Jetta TDI 2000 Jetta TDI 2000 New Beetle TDI ALL 5 speeds
Me personally, I'd take it and figure it out later...

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

coalminer16

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Golf 2004
If it is free. Get it and sell it. If you have to pay for it - not worth it for the mods required.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Beaker80

TDI
2006 Golf TDI Manual
Getting it for free. I just have to remove it. Any tips, pointers or cautions in removing it? I'm assuming these's a converter box for the wiring?

BobnOH

not-a-mechanic
TDI
New Beetle 2003 manual
Little I know about hitches. They seem sort of universal, in that with some drilling and/or welding they will fit.
Removal-Definitely take care with the wiring, get it all off, wrap and protect it. Then go at the fasteners or welds. Sometimes you'll need breaker bars, big tools like sockets/vise grips/chisels even one of those nut breaker dowichies.
Not uncommon to see fasteners fail on the blind side.
Of course I could be paranoid, 2010, perhaps it's not "time welded" yet. Last one I helped with was a '99 pick-up.