turbo technical database

Tylenol

Veteran Member
TDI
AHU
Just thought i would give an update on my project. The GTB1756vk exhaust/turbine housing will fit the GTB1752vz turbo. Now i know they have many different models and aplications but mine swapped right over.

Last edited:

adamss24

Veteran Member
TDI
audi a4 2.5 tdi 98 quatrro 6speed
Yep, it can be however it’s very small upgrade for quite big money ! If spool is not imperative then gtb2056vk upgrade with AMG style turbine and billet compressor will support a lot of air... I am sure you can do a new turbo for a lot less than €1600 !

adamss24

Veteran Member
TDI
Gtb 2056vk is a lot more reliable than the gtb2260vklr. You can also put vk core into vklr housing and the same principles apply but you get better vnt system compared with vklr and better AR on compressor side.

hartge

TDI
TDI
Igen, természetesen lehetséges. Az AVD Turbo biztosan tud segíteni ezügyben.
Üdv.. köszönöm.. szerintem beszéltem velük de ök csak új turbot akartak adni..átalakításhoz alkatrészt nem adnak.. ettől függetlenül jó dolgok vannak náluk,de nekem sajnos drága..meg öszintén szólva szeretem magamnak csinálgatni,,

hartge

TDI
TDI
Gtb 2056vk is a lot more reliable than the gtb2260vklr. You can also put vk core into vklr housing and the same principles apply but you get better vnt system compared with vklr and better AR on compressor side.
Thanks..
I have mercedes 3.0 v6 cdi and i want an updated gtb2260 vklr turbo to replace i do not want oiling enough complicated .. this is what i would do for a vklr upgrade.. Amg turbine wheel it can not be placed in it?

adamss24

Veteran Member
TDI
AMG turbine is journal turbo, AVG turbo has a ball bearing AMG style lighter turbine which works in vklr turbos however it requires machining of the hotside and probably replacement of the VNT ring + careful calibration of the VNT mechanism/motor so the turbine blades don’t touch the vanes. Also the compressor wheel needs upgrading which require further machining hence why prices go up !
I was suggesting a gtb 2056v housing because you can get gt25 VNT ring which is plug and play and AMG style turbine + a 65/69 mm compressor wheel and with help of a good machinist= a turbo capable of flowing almost 400 Bhp worth of air. Downside is spool however vklr with larger wheels will spool in a similar style and you have to accept some turbo lag regardless of which turbo you choose !

hartge

TDI
TDI
Thank you..
I do not know yet that i will try vklr .. or another turbot ..I may try to change myself for the first time the Vklr..because it is..

Rub87.. what a car it was 460 hp? thanks..

Enabled

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 Jetta TDI Manual, BMW 328d SW
Anybody have a little more info on the GTB1752VZK (BMW 814501 - 6 / 5006)?
I don't expect to find compressor maps, but info such as what is safe max boost to sustain etc?
BMW has this running up to max 1.8bar, but it seems other chassis has it going to 2.1bar?
Just curious.

altz1

Veteran Member
TDI
A8 4H 4.2TDI, Cayenne 4.2TDI, 6.0TDI
Well, i tested gtb1749vzk (the one with the speedsensor) on the q7. At 2 bar boost they were running 220k rpm...
Basically made less power then at 1.8 bar.

Enabled

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 Jetta TDI Manual, BMW 328d SW
Well, i tested gtb1749vzk (the one with the speedsensor) on the q7. At 2 bar boost they were running 220k rpm...
Basically made less power then at 1.8 bar.
I would assume that was just on one bank? The volume needs for that engine are much greater.

The 1752 is a little bit larger. Yea, I wouldn't want to take it to 220k rpm.

I may take it up to 2 bar, but I don't feel comfortable with it yet. I'm riding the smoke limiter at 1.15-1.17 at the moment.

TDIMeister

Phd of TDIClub Enthusiast, Moderator at Large
TDI
TDI
GTD2263VZR - prototype
TW : Exducer 44.5m / Inducer 50mm - 9 baldes
CW : Inducer 45mm / Exducer 63mm/ Extendet 66.5mm - 10blades
The only thing I would add to my wish list is highlighted. :)

I guess my other wish is that GTB3576KLNRV would not be so expensive and hard to find :(

[486]

Top Post Dawg
TDI
02 golf ALH
that compressor is very dark and yellow colored for aluminum

Ti?

Turbo Z

Veteran Member
TDI
Audi A2 mercedes c270
last I look was no problem do find the smaller indusor size compressor of the GTB3576klnrv and it was about 12000sek.
But I dump it to get much better and cheaper in the end

The only thing I would add to my wish list is highlighted. :)
I guess my other wish is that GTB3576KLNRV would not be so expensive and hard to find :(

yrktreg

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 Treg TDi Exec, 2010 JSW TDi DSG
Since we are talking about 2260's :)

Can someone confirm that the 2nd generator 3.0 TDi engines have the GTB2260 turbo in them? The SSP 495 states it on page 17, but I just wanted to make sure.
This would be a NAR Touareg rated at 240hp from the factory.

If this is true, what would you guys recommend as a replacement compressor wheel?
No problem if the compressor housing needs machined out.
Would like to get around 300-325whp reliably, possible?

X-Man

Vendor
TDI
Octavia mk2 BXE + hybrid @175bhp/400Nm
Since we are talking about 2260's :)

Can someone confirm that the 2nd generator 3.0 TDi engines have the GTB2260 turbo in them? The SSP 495 states it on page 17, but I just wanted to make sure.
This would be a NAR Touareg rated at 240hp from the factory.

If this is true, what would you guys recommend as a replacement compressor wheel?
No problem if the compressor housing needs machined out.
Would like to get around 300-325whp reliably, possible?
50/65mm should do just fine