T.O./Sauga/Oakville/Burlington/Hamilton Weekly GTG

dropFROG

Veteran Member
TDI
Jolf 2001
"So Tuesday night we get together behind the Dairy Twist to check out cars. Maybe you could come along?"

Just wanted to invite all the local TDI'ers to a GTG we have with other VW owners every weeks in Burlington Ontario. It would be nice to have a stronger show of TDI owners. The dubs usualy gather around 8pm. Come out if you wish.

Folks from the East.
take the 403 West accross and down to QEW,
make your way on the QEW West to Appleby Line.
Head North on Appleby, when you reach Upper Middle road, you will see a large strip mall with Ultra Food, Zellers, Canadian tire etc. We meet at the Williams coffee parking lot.

Folks from the West
Take the QEW East to Appleby Line. Head North on Appleby, when you reach Upper Middle road, you will see a large strip mall with Ultra Food, Zellers, Canadian tire etc. We meet at the Williams coffee parking lot.

EmeraldTDI

Veteran Member
TDI
previous: 1997 Jetta (green); 2000 Golf TDI (Silver)
Howdy,

So, every Tuesday at 8pm, weather-permitting? I probably won't do a whole lot in terms of aesthetics to my family car, but it'd be nice to talk to some TDI-experienced folks regarding maintenance, I want this thing to last!

Not sure if I will be out every week, but I'll try to get out to hang with y'all sooner than later (perhaps even next week if possible).

Thanks.

TDIMeister

Phd of TDIClub Enthusiast, Moderator at Large
TDI
TDI
So, every Tuesday at 8pm, weather-permitting?
Our last few meets have been pretty much rain-or-shine. Yesterday we had quite a downpour as you are well aware, but we braved the rain anyway. If we don't hang out at the parking lot like a bunch of punks in done-up cars, we go to a nearby Williams for coffee and then to a little eatery within the same plaza for some eats and beer.

Unmodified VWs are all welcome. We'd even had some non-VW guys show up as well and they've been welcomed with open arms. Great way to meet people and learn more about the cars.

TDIMeister

TDI
TDI
Vik F said:
a couple T.O. folks will be driving down this tuesday...c u there....
See you there. We have an injector install to do

dropFROG

Veteran Member
TDI
Jolf 2001
Just bumpin this up so you all know we are all getting together again this week for another GTG in burlington. We hit the Shoeless Joes in the same parking lot for beers and wings if the weather is bad or we get tired of standing around outside.. you are all welcome to come on out! /images/graemlins/smile.gif

EmeraldTDI

Veteran Member
TDI
previous: 1997 Jetta (green); 2000 Golf TDI (Silver)
Hope the Sep30 GTG is happening...I'd really like to have someone walk me through some simple things (where filters are, what ought to be changed when...etc...). I'm also curious as to whether my turbo works or not, not sure how to diagnose that...just general information. I just got this '97 Jetta in July, and besides changing the oil (I used Mobil Delvac 1), I haven't done anything to it yet.

So, I'd like a list of things to look for and save up the pennies for...

Bugs_

TDI
2004 Jetta TDI Sport - Plat Grey
how late in the year do you guys meet? Is it all done for the year? Or you still get together Tuesday Nights?

Im in Hamilton, and would like to come out if they are still happening

TDIMeister

TDI
TDI
We're still meeting for the foreseeable weeks. Last Tuesday was a bit chilly (single digits) but turn-out was a big as ever (20+).

We go for wings and BEvERages (for those so inclined) /images/graemlins/grin.gif afterwards. See you there.

Bugs_

TDI
2004 Jetta TDI Sport - Plat Grey
cool. Hopefully i can make it out. Get some inspiration, and meet other suckers.. err.. enthusiasts ;-) .. God i wish i could drive a stock vehicle more then a week.

Going in for Tint tomorrow morning. GTI tails should be here next week.