P1248 and VCDS results

77machomopar

Veteran Member
TDI
1999.5 Jetta TDI 5 speed
i had another post about the several codes i had. I finally got my VCDS and would like help on what meas blocks and graphes you need me to run to help me figure this code out. thanks.

P1248 Injection start deviation

77machomopar

Veteran Member
TDI
1999.5 Jetta TDI 5 speed
what check valve are you talking about? thanks if the timing is out of spec whats next?

77machomopar

Veteran Member
TDI
1999.5 Jetta TDI 5 speed
i ran the TDI Timing on the VCDS, i am trying to figure out how to post a graph right now. it jumps between sayign timming in retarded but in spec, to saying timing in too retarted to graph. when i figure out how to post the graph i will thanks

77machomopar

Veteran Member
TDI
1999.5 Jetta TDI 5 speed
can anyone help me figure out how to post this graph? i have been trying to but i can not get it done. thanks for your help and patience with the newbie.

KMWilliams

Veteran Member
TDI
06 NB TDI
On Mk3's there was a check valve back at the tank. I have no idea if your car has one. One of the causes of this error is a blockage in the fuel line. Are you sure the line is clear? Can you draw fuel through the filter easily?

Sometimes it's the easy stuff that is overlooked.

Sorry, I can't help with the posting of the graph.

77machomopar

Veteran Member
TDI
1999.5 Jetta TDI 5 speed
i have a mk4 jetta. ill do some search on here to see if i got a check valve or not. i just recently replaced the fuel filter and it wasnt too mcuh problem bleeding the fuel lines.

77machomopar

Veteran Member
TDI
1999.5 Jetta TDI 5 speed
i am going to give Ross tech a call when they open to see if they can help me graph this chart. I dont remember saying about it smokes alot when i start it and it will continue until i drive it. it will stop smoking after about 800'. its a bluish white smoke.

On the vcds graph when in TDI timing, it jumps around alot between "timing dead on" and "timing out of spec" slightly retarded.

Another thought is the fuel bleeding back to the tank that cuases the first hard start of the day. But that wouldnt set a engine light would it? thanks

DanG144

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2005 A4 Jetta 5spd
You can post a screen capture (Print Screen) of the graph, as a photo.

You can also plot the data with a spreadsheet tool, such as Excell, copy that, post it into paint, and save that as a .png type file, then post that as a photo.

You can also convert the data file from .csv to .xls (NOT .xlsx) and post that in the photo section here. This would let others look at the source data, as well as any graphs you had created in the spreadsheet.

While Ross-Tech may help you figure out how to post, that is really not their problem.

Picture post how-to

DanG144

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2005 A4 Jetta 5spd
A long crank for the first start of the day is often a fuel drainback issue, due to an air leak in one of many hoses in the fuel system. Like most fuel delivery issues on the Mk IV cars, it will not set any code.

77machomopar

Veteran Member
TDI
1999.5 Jetta TDI 5 speed
thanks ill try your suggestions. i was trying to figure out how to convert the file types but i couldnt figure out how to. I am getting a p1248 code still along with the 1403 egr code.

DanG144

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2005 A4 Jetta 5spd
In excell, look at the little used drop down boxes at the bottom of the "Save as" screen to choose the file type.

If you have a picture type file, open it with paint, and do the same thing. .png files are good for posting, avoid the larger file types such as .bmp.

77machomopar

Veteran Member
TDI
1999.5 Jetta TDI 5 speed
post pic attempt

heres a probably failed attempt at posting a log graph. i got it to an .xls file at least