Great big e-mail o'doom

Rico567

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2013 Passat TDI SEL Premium (Turned in 7/7/18)
Got a big e-mail in fine print from VW today (re: the 2.0 l settlement, of course), saying I'd better register by Sept. 1, yadda-yadda, because program ends Dec. 31st, blah-blah. If there's anyone who doesn't know this stuff by now, they deserve to lose out.

roni024

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Passat TDI SEL DSG
I received the same email but wasn't sure if it was in regards to the 2013 Passat that went buy-back a month ago, or for the 2015 Passat I replaced it with.

Rico567

Top Post Dawg
TDI
......and today I got two (2) identical mailings from VW entitled "Reminder," that were just the original e-mail on paper.

soot1

Veteran Member
TDI
Currently none. Formerly: 2010 VW Jetta TDI 6M, 1993 Dodge Ram W250 Cummins 5M 4WD, 1990 VW Jetta Diesel 5M, 1986 VW Jetta Diesel 5M, 1980 VW Uabbit Diesel 4M. Currently driving 2018 Toyota 4Runner SR5 4WD.
About a week ago, I received an e-mail with the same message. I discarded it right away because I thought it was some prank (I registered last July and the only thing left for me to do is to set an appointment date with my local dealer and bring the car). Much to my surprise, I received a letter from VWNA yesterday with the exact same wording as the e-mail, only this time it was printed on paper. I really don't know what to think about this "reminder". Perhaps the folks at VW have nothing better to do and this is how they kill time at work.

Rico567

Top Post Dawg
TDI
<snip> I really don't know what to think about this "reminder". Perhaps the folks at VW have nothing better to do and this is how they kill time at work.
In legalese, it's called "cover your ass," and it wouldn't surprise me if we get more before we turn these cars in.......