Dsg

Demo3

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 TDI Golf Sportwagen
So I am getting ready to do my second dsg service. Last time I measured what came out and put that back in. This time I have a VCDS and plan to use it. I have not seen this technique but thought I would try this. Drain fluid and replace snorkel, fill from the top until it runs over, then put plug back on and fill extra to cover what will go into filter. Warm transmission and remove plug and let drain.

Thoughts?

redbarron55

Veteran Member
TDI
2012 Touareg TDI Executive
When I owned a DSG JSW I used a new garden sprayer and a drilled out drain plug to fill the transmission.
WHat I would do now i to use a small diameter copper tube and bend a J in the end to pump up through the stand pipe until it overflows.
With the previous setup you just relieve the pressure in the tank and open the sprayer valve and let the fluid run back into the tank. That way you don't contaminate the excess fluid and you can just add more the next time. As I had two JSWs and drove a lot it was sued a good but.
I have the setup and a new filter and VW fluid left over if someone needs the setup and materials.