Anybody have thoughts on Digi PD Module for 2004-2006 VW TDI Jetta

James416

TDI
2006 Jetta 1.9L (silver T, Green DI)
Hey all, new to the TDI world. looking for some simple performance, wondering if anybody has experience and or any input on the Diesel Power Digi PD Module for 2004-2006 VW TDI Jetta, Golf, Beetle & Passat from Parleys diesel performance?

Lightflyer1

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Beetle tdi dsg
I ran one for a while. Then got a Rocketchip tune later. Nothing wrong really with it but the tune was much better in my opinion. Some tuners are a pain to get to and just adding the box is easy and delivered to your door. Jeff from Rocketchip made a trip to Texas and I got mine done then. It helps if you have a local tuner. What shape is your clutch in? Either one can cause slipping if you aren't careful.

James416

TDI
Thanx for the fast reply. Clutch is pretty good actually. Ive thought about the tune but my budget stops me. I just want something that'll give me a bit more pep. I live in Canada so everything is ordered online. Is there better brand modules? Is the one I mentioned most common? I found a few named Bully Dog but they weren't for my age of car. I read that getting a good tune can screw you for emission tests, how do you get around that if its true? I can manage that no problem but it's not cheap and may not be worth the tune.

Lightflyer1

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Beetle tdi dsg
How much are you paying for the box? A good tuner can give you a nice tune without setting off anything that will affect emissions testing. When I bought my box it was about the same as a tune, just easier to get the box than the tune.

keaton

Veteran Member
TDI
TDI-less ATM
I ran one for a while. Then got a Rocketchip tune later. Nothing wrong really with it but the tune was much better in my opinion. Some tuners are a pain to get to and just adding the box is easy and delivered to your door. Jeff from Rocketchip made a trip to Texas and I got mine done then. It helps if you have a local tuner. What shape is your clutch in? Either one can cause slipping if you aren't careful.
still have it?

:eek:

that's more then a tune... IIRC a stage 1/1.5 from TD tuning was like $280-$300. a custom tune was like $500

drewkeen

Veteran Member
TDI
Jetta
still have it?

:eek:

that's more then a tune... IIRC a stage 1/1.5 from TD tuning was like $280-$300. a custom tune was like $500

My Race tune from Mike at TD Tuning was less than $500. If you found a used box for $100 or so I would pick it up, otherwise I would go with the tune and in this case save yourself some money. You should also pick up power and mileage not just a power boost from tricking the ECU.

James416

TDI
Well I'll touch base again, received the DIGI Module from Dieseltuning.Ca... Great company. Installed the Mod and had it at the recommended setting C, noticed a bit more power, had to adjust it to see what each setting would do eventually leading up to the highest, did I ever notice a difference in power. My main concern is can I damage anything leaving it on a high setting being a stock car? I got it for more HP and torque, I'm already saving in fuel being a diesel, just don't want to ruin anything. Any thoughts on the max setting and why?

Lightflyer1

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Beetle tdi dsg
It shouldn't hurt anything. If you have any issues just turn it down a notch until it stops. I ran mine at "F" IIRC the whole time. Never had any problems. The box worked and did add some power. The custom tune I got later was better though. Can't beat the box for some things though. Easy to get/install/remove/use. Adds decent boost of power.

James416

TDI
What was the difference in fuel consumption do you know? I'm testing it now on C setting, it'll take me awhile to test each setting lol. Love filling up every 2 weeks.

Lightflyer1

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Beetle tdi dsg
That depends entirely on you and your use of power. I never really noticed a difference between stock and the box when driven normally. Same for the tune.

bbexotics

Veteran Member
TDI
2004 Passat,2006 Jetta, 2003 Jetta wagon, 2017 Cayman S
Have had one and they work great,and also you can tune up or down,also you can take it with you if car sold.currently running one on wife's 06 jetta,and is also great,had the other one on 2004 passat

bbexotics

Veteran Member
TDI
2004 Passat,2006 Jetta, 2003 Jetta wagon, 2017 Cayman S
By the way,don't get taken with the cheaper boxes on eBay.The only good boxes are the Digi and the PSI boxes,you should be able to find a really good price ones on ebay

James416

TDI
By the way,don't get taken with the cheaper boxes on eBay.The only good boxes are the Digi and the PSI boxes,you should be able to find a really good price ones on ebay
Thanx for the advice, I've already purchase one. Been running it for 2 days now. I sent you a PM in regards to your last post.