***The Driving Game*** - picture scavenger hunt v2

VeeDubTDI

Wanderluster, Traveler, TDIClub Enthusiast
TDI
‘18 Tesla Model 3D+, ‘14 Cadillac ELR, ‘13 Fiat 500e
Tell you what - I'll sweeten the pot and give the winner double-mega bonus points if the pic is of the Acela at one of its few grade crossings (with the obligatory TDI in the picture). ;)

whitedog

Veteran Member
TDI
2004 Jetta that I fill by myself
Heh. That totally wasn't a win. Cool pic, but definitely not a win.

The NS overpass pic is also :cool:

Current challenge (#669): your TDI with an Amtrak locomotive crossing the road.
There is a crossing there where the stop sign is.

whitedog

Veteran Member
TDI
On the other hand if the challenge was "With more than four Febreeze air fresheners in the vents" we would have a winner.

VeeDubTDI

TDI
I see. So it's a picture of a future crossing, or a win-to-be. ;)

Dozenspeed

Top Post Dawg
Sweet! :cool:

Next Challenge: (#670) Your TDI within 20 feet of a free-standing fire hydrant/plug that is painted 2 or more colors.

(Edit: colours for Seatman;))

Dozenspeed

Top Post Dawg
Makes you wonder what clawed its way off of the road there in that photo Lawson..
Lol :cool:

This has been done already

Next Challenge (#670) Your TDI underneath a PSA billboard in a foreign language.

Challenge # 62:... with a billboard in the background in a language other than English
Ah good old challenge #62. I remember it well.

Edit: Although this one is more specific.
The "PSA" stipulation would have allowed it to qualify. :)

TDI, Train, Gate down, train on the crossing. I can't see how it wouldn't be.
Locomotive on the road crossing. :cool: I had ONE shot to make sure this puppy would qualify 'cos that thing is moving! :p It's Kirkwood Station, the daily on it's way to Kansas City.

Current Challenge: (#670) Your TDI within 20 feet of a free-standing fire hydrant/plug that is painted 2 or more colors/colours.

NewLyme

Veteran Member
TDI
His 2006 Jetta TDI DSG. Hers 2016 Touareg TDI 2013 Golf TDI DSG Buyback
Ok back to Monopoly!
Here's your chance to show your beauty! ( In my case it's the car! :p )

Next Challenge (#671): Your TDI by a Community Center with the Beauty Contest Winner Card ( Community Chest) and the $25.00 prize money in the picture.

Dozenspeed

Top Post Dawg
Minor adventure this morning

I wanted to fuel my car at a certain click today (111,111 miles) and score that Amtrak pic. With the train schedule researched, I went back out, got my favorite coffee, stopped for a quick vacuum and had about 55 miles to the fuel target and ~ 2 hours to train target. I logged in and got a trip to Webster Groves, MO, a neighbor of Kirkwood, MO. $20. I ended up right next to this old train station they don't use anymore, it is now home for a model railroad club I think. Sorta started an improv train station pic event. :eek:

I logged back in with about 40 miles left and went off to shoot another disused train station in Webster:

As the sign says, Tuxedo Park Station, also repurposed. I haven't bothered to research it but I'm sure it's history is interesting. This is on the "passenger" (Amtrak) line, the other was on the frieght line. Both cut through these towns about a mile apart.

^^^ This is my favorite photo of the day. ^^^

So I'm cruisin' and logged in towards this next old train stop also in Webster, I think now a bus loop.

As I pull in a I get a time order about 900 feet away with 17 minutes to get there. :rolleyes: So I get my pic, go by the house, find no driveway, find the super-secret rear driveway, and ebmark to the airport with passenger and luggage 6 minutes early. Useful since I only had about 50 minutes to get to the airport and back down to Kirkwood without exceeding 111,111 miles on the odometer. $37.

Now I have to figure where to fuel and time the train. About 25 minutes and 17 miles. If I blasted the highway first, I would have exceeded the mileage target, so I opted for side streets. Lindbergh Blvd, really which is the road being crossed in the picture and my fuel station was a block west of it a couple more miles from the station. Nav unit indicated I had 0.6 miles wiggle room. Only 0.3 miles after I detoured for the same train.

However, it all clicked:

-$51.

It was nice time, ran errand on way home, best of all worlds driving my TDI. :)

Current Challenge (#671): Your TDI by a Community Center with the Beauty Contest Winner Card ( Community Chest) and the $25.00 prize money in the picture

Last edited:

VeeDubTDI

TDI
DozenSpeed: when do you find time to carry passengers? ;)

Current Challenge (#671): Your TDI by a Community Center with the Beauty Contest Winner Card (Community Chest) and the $25.00 prize money in the picture

Dozenspeed

Top Post Dawg
DozenSpeed: when do you find time to carry passengers? ;)

Current Challenge (#671): Your TDI by a Community Center with the Beauty Contest Winner Card (Community Chest) and the $25.00 prize money in the picture
Weren't you paying attention? I carried two passengers! :p

VeeDubTDI

TDI
Hah! I guess not. :eek:

Just re-read it and it all makes sense now! +1 for reading comprehension. ;)

NewLyme

Veteran Member
TDI
His 2006 Jetta TDI DSG. Hers 2016 Touareg TDI 2013 Golf TDI DSG Buyback
Here's my Fire Hydrant story.
I drove to work, parked the car and shut it off. I then read the new challenge just after it was posted! I restarted the car and drove over to the other side of the parking lot near the employee entrance and took the winning picture! I then reparked the car and uploaded the photo.

Hey Dozenspeed next time I'd rather ride with you. Nice train stations. :)

Next Challenge (#671): Your TDI by a Community Center with the Beauty Contest Winner Card ( Community Chest) and the $25.00 prize money in the picture.

VeeDubTDI

TDI
So I manage a community center (of sorts) - but I don't have a Monopoly game handy... :(

shrifty

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Passat TDI SE
Here's my Fire Hydrant story.
I drove to work, parked the car and shut it off. I then read the new challenge just after it was posted! I restarted the car and drove over to the other side of the parking lot near the employee entrance and took the winning picture! I then reparked the car and uploaded the photo.
Hey Dozenspeed next time I'd rather ride with you. Nice train stations. :)
I'm on my way back from Delaware, it will be some time before I can get back to my monopoly board....

shrifty

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Passat TDI SE
I try to embrace the causality nature of the job to my personal conveniences. :) No two days are ever the exact same, and each event variable and choice determines the path. This was just icing money in lesuire activity time. Go get fuel for the car and make the cost while doing it WHILE goofing off. :D

Current Challenge (#671): Your TDI by a Community Center with the Beauty Contest Winner Card ( Community Chest) and the $25.00 prize money in the picture
I think my game is a bit older, the prize for the Beauty Contest is only $10....

whitedog

Veteran Member
TDI
HiJack

Current Challenge (#672): Your TDI with Art Deco architecture

I've been trying to get this one up there for awhile now.

VeeDubTDI

TDI
Good challenge for someone in Detroit.

Current Challenge (#672): Your TDI with Art Deco architecture