1756 or 2056vk

cog

Veteran Member
TDI
98 GT.TDI 11O
ive had a bit of a bonus at work and when ive paid everything off in a few months im thinking of upgrading the turbo , it should have been finished off already if cerber had delivered the one i was supposed to get, but im still determined. i just dont want to delve into the internals on the block and im concerned if a go for the 2056 which can hold more boost that i wouldnt be able to utilise that extra boost without risking the block. so would the lagless 1756vk be a better choice for stock internals on a ahf.:confused:.

ducesrwld

Veteran Member
TDI
none
i was thinking 1756 at first but the 2056 seems to be a good compromise between the 1756 and 2260. i'll give up a slight change in response for lower egts more potential and in general sounds like less stress on the turbo and engine.

diesel-dave

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 wagon TDI, 2003 wagon Tdi, 2013 Q7 Tdi
cog, do you have the measurements on the GTB1756vk?... I think the 1756 is misleading!
sweet turbo though. what ever happened to the last one? ever come?
I just got stiffed too.

Rub87

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Ibiza '99 90HP
compressorwheel is same between both.. 2056vk has bigger turbine housing and wheel

cog

Veteran Member
TDI
98 GT.TDI 11O
yeah as rub said they share the same compressore but because the 2056 has the bigger turbine it can handle more boost safely
im not sure how much the 1756vk can handle without creep is it 26psi or just 24 psi cant quite remember . i just know that the 1756 has no lag and i was just wondering if that by going for the 2056 i would be able to use the extra boost that it can handle without internal mods. im asuming even the 1756 race 520s and 11mm pump would be pushing my bottom end anyway would it

and yeah diesel dave i bought the 11mm pump smic and then the 1756vk from cerber but i got stiffed so now im just left with the supporting mods without the bigger blower

Last edited:

K.I.T.T.

Veteran Member
TDI
PD75
There isn't that much difference between spool up. Maybe 200 RPM tops? It's still a very responsive turbo. It should spool no later than your VB from what I've read.

I'd go for the 2056. Lower EGTs and less stress on the turbo and more potential for the future if you decide to do internal mods :)

Ash

Farfromovin

Torque Addict
TDI
03 Golf 2dr- PD150 6m
My vote is 2056 as well. That way when you realize you should have stuffed a ported head and rods under the hood, the 2260 will mate up to the flange you already built!

cog

Veteran Member
TDI
98 GT.TDI 11O
i have the ported head just stock rods unfortunatly . im dynoing my current setup to see how much the vb can make with nearly every supporting mod available . then i will get the 2056. apart from the converting ove the actuator to vaccum and the dapter plates is there any other problems i might run into or need to bolt it on. such as turbo brackets any custom gaskets. ans such like .

ducesrwld

Veteran Member
TDI
none
i'm even wondering how good the 2260 would be on stock internals i know you wouldn't be able to take full advantage of what it offers but wondering if it would still be a good fit for a stock engine.

im570rm

Veteran Member
TDI
Audi a6 avant 2.5 tdi quattro
there is only a very small difference in spooling both turbos can do 1.5 bars@ 2000 rpm if it's necessary ,1756vk can take 1.75 bars or so 2056vk 2 bars.
2056vk is my vote also.
@ducesrwld i have 2260vk on stock pd bottom end, running 1.9 bars from 3000 to 4000 rpm =)

Farfromovin

Torque Addict
TDI
03 Golf 2dr- PD150 6m
i have the ported head just stock rods unfortunatly . im dynoing my current setup to see how much the vb can make with nearly every supporting mod available . then i will get the 2056. apart from the converting ove the actuator to vaccum and the dapter plates is there any other problems i might run into or need to bolt it on. such as turbo brackets any custom gaskets. ans such like .
Yeah, the manifold to turbo gasket itself... I suppose you should be able to get the OE audi gasket from the stealer.

cog

Veteran Member
TDI
98 GT.TDI 11O
cheers guys i hoped the gasket could just be an o.e part , so could i boost the 2056 to 2 bar boost on stock internals , or would i be limted to the same sort of power the 1756 could produce just i would have better egts

Rub87

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Ibiza '99 90HP
never used a gasket there.. if both faces are straight it won't leak, or at least not hard enough to hear it or notice anyting from it

ryanp

Vendor
TDI
Arosa CR - 550hp - 9.7 @ 150mph 1/4 Mile, Citigo 4x4 CR TDi - 340hp, Caddy 2.0 CR 4x4 TDI - 300+hp, Golf Mk2 Van 1.9 TDI - was 290hp, Mk5 Ibiza 2.0 FR TDi - 270hp, BMW 135d - 360hp, BMW 330d - 335hp, BMW 335d - 380hp + a few more ........
there is no oe gasket, just an 0-ring that wont work on our setups. As Ruben says, 2 true surfaces wont leak! DP is not a problem

cawmere

Veteran Member
TDI
Skoda Octavia MK1 1.9TDI ASV
Hi guys,

So what is needed to change from a PD150 turbo to a 2056vk other than the turbo itself and manifold?

ryanp

Vendor
TDI
Arosa CR - 550hp - 9.7 @ 150mph 1/4 Mile, Citigo 4x4 CR TDi - 340hp, Caddy 2.0 CR 4x4 TDI - 300+hp, Golf Mk2 Van 1.9 TDI - was 290hp, Mk5 Ibiza 2.0 FR TDi - 270hp, BMW 135d - 360hp, BMW 330d - 335hp, BMW 335d - 380hp + a few more ........
Hi guys,

So what is needed to change from a PD150 turbo to a 2056vk other than the turbo itself and manifold?
You can get the stock oil lines to fit and for the standard pipework to work (but you remove the red pipe for a silicone jobbie)
You would then need at least a new DP Flange welding onto your exisiting DP, if not a new DP if it doesn't line up well.

Drop me a PM for some more details on some things I have lined up ;)

Ry

cawmere

Veteran Member
TDI
Skoda Octavia MK1 1.9TDI ASV
You can get the stock oil lines to fit and for the standard pipework to work (but you remove the red pipe for a silicone jobbie)
You would then need at least a new DP Flange welding onto your exisiting DP, if not a new DP if it doesn't line up well.

Drop me a PM for some more details on some things I have lined up ;)

Ry

Oh I sent you a PM! :D

cog

Veteran Member
TDI
98 GT.TDI 11O
i think i,ll just pay ciprian to make mine plug and play and do all the hard work for me . if i get £400 for my turbo it shouldnt be too expensive if i fit it weld the adapter to the downpipe myself. although its been a while on the welding front .

Farfromovin

Torque Addict
TDI
03 Golf 2dr- PD150 6m
never used a gasket there.. if both faces are straight it won't leak, or at least not hard enough to hear it or notice anyting from it
Good to know! Still gives me a warm fuzzy having a nice gasket in use, but if you know you have true surfaces, it should be good. O.C.TDI had some nice gaskets made for this application. If anyone wants some, they can search in his build thread for the company and p/n :)

Rub87

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Ibiza '99 90HP
If you look at the stock afn and ahu manifolds, they almost never use a gasket in between there..

TheoSweden

Veteran Member
TDI
A3Q,A4Q, Passat Biturbo TDI
Well it breaks before meltingpoint I think, but it might be just fine also for a ~2,5bar EMP 900degC build... I'm always thinking worst senario:) (track use for long time)