www.tdiclub.com

Economy - Longevity - Performance
The #1 Source of TDI Information on the Web!
Forums Articles Links Meets
Orders TDI Club Cards TDIFest 2016 Gone, but not forgotten VAG-Com List Unit Conversions TDIClub Chat Thank You

Order your TDIClub merchandise and help support TDIClub

Go Back   TDIClub Forums > VW TDI Discussion Areas > Fuels & Lubricants

Fuels & Lubricants Discussion all about Fuels & Lubricants. synthetic oil, conventional oil, brands, change intervals, diesel grades, gelling and such debated items like that. Non TDI related postings will be moved or removed. This forum is NOT for the discussion of biodiesel and other alternative fuels.

Closed Thread

Old September 16th, 2002, 08:50   #1
Pseudobrit
Veteran Member

TDI(s): -
Default Bush: "Reduce dependence on foreign crude oil."

He just said this live in a speech.

Why am I sure that he's not talking about biodiesel, ethanol and fuel cell technology?

Why do I get the feeling he's talking about drilling in Alaska instead? [img]images/icons/rolleyes.gif[/img]

[ September 16, 2002, 08:50: Message edited by: Pseudobrit ]
Old September 16th, 2002, 09:16   #2
RC
Veteran Member

Default Re: Bush: "Reduce dependence on foreign crude oil."

It`s all about continueing the addiction via our own rude crude or someone`s we will be hated by somewhere down the road. This guy and his cronies not going to take even the most rudimentay steps required to break the bond between petroleum and our most pressing problems, it`s just not coming outta this administration, period, end of story.
Old September 16th, 2002, 09:32   #3
solstar
Veteran Member

Fuel Economy: avg

maybe we should Grow our own!!! (Bio/diesel) [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]
Old September 16th, 2002, 17:55   #4
davidbru
Veteran Member

TDI(s): 2000 Jetta

Quote:
Originally posted by RC:
It`s all about continueing the addiction via our own rude crude or someone`s we will be hated by somewhere down the road. This guy and his cronies not going to take even the most rudimentay steps required to break the bond between petroleum and our most pressing problems, it`s just not coming outta this administration, period, end of story.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Funny how Clinton and his cronies didn't do anything either [img]images/icons/confused.gif[/img] but all the tree-huggers in the US still voted for them [img]images/icons/rolleyes.gif[/img]

I would rather have American jobs created drilling in Alaska then sending all our money overseas!!!
Old September 17th, 2002, 01:12   #5
RC
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally posted by davidbru:
</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by RC:
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Funny how Clinton and his cronies didn't do anything either [img]images/icons/confused.gif[/img] but all the tree-huggers in the US still voted for them [img]images/icons/rolleyes.gif[/img]

I would rather have American jobs created drilling in Alaska then sending all our money overseas!!!
</font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">davidbru,
You need to educate yourself on a few issues here before you speak my friend. [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

First off, I didn`t vote for Clinton, nor Gore, and you are correct, they didn`t do a damn thing about our energy situation, although I believe Gore would have done more than any other before him.

And look deeply into the Alaskan petroleum situation, you`ll find there isn`t much salvation to be had there, even BP has made a statement about such a folley. There are much better ways to employ Americans in the energy sector and much more energy to be had elsewhere than is in our 49th state.
Old September 17th, 2002, 01:24   #6
WOOCHOW
RIP, Gone But Not Forgotten

Fuel Economy: 50/47

Moderator, just a suggestion to move this to the general discussion area, this thread really doesn't have anything to do with fuels and lubricants specific to a TDI but is merely another potential political flame war, which may have its merits, but does not belong here. Long live Ross Perot
Old September 17th, 2002, 05:34   #7
PackRat
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally posted by RC:
although I believe Gore would have done more than any other before him.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">All Gore would have done is give lipservice to the issue. Democrats are good at "owning" issues but not fixing them.
Old September 17th, 2002, 05:45   #8
Variant TDI
Veteran Member

Fuel Economy: 36.4min/44average/56.4max. Recently improved commuting from 42mpg to 50mpg with 'new' driving habits and Scangauge.

Quote:
Democrats are good at "owning" issues but not fixing them.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Well... If they actually fixed the problems... then they wouldn't have the doom-and-gloom platform to run from anymore. You can't really blame them... it's good job security.

What is entertaining to me, is the Impunity with which these opinions are stated as fact... And the absolute shock expressed when someone has the audacity to disagree.
Old September 17th, 2002, 07:19   #9
DOM!

The only things politians do is fix their own wallets! Doesn't matter which party!!!
Old September 17th, 2002, 07:48   #10
SoTxBill
Veteran Member

are we really clever enough to have a statgy to use up all of their oil first????

NOOOOOOOOO!!!! politicians arent smart,, just greedy and power hungry..
Old September 17th, 2002, 13:18   #11
Diesel924
Veteran Member

Fuel Economy: 48 max, 44 min, 46 avg

Quote:
Originally posted by spoilsport:
</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by Pseudobrit:

Why do I get the feeling he's talking about drilling in Alaska instead? [img]images/icons/rolleyes.gif[/img]
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Cuz Bush is a moron ? Yeah, I know ...he's an MBA from Harvard.......riiiiiiighhhhhhtttttt! [img]images/icons/rolleyes.gif[/img] </font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Actually, he's a Yale man. Gore was at Harvard. And Bush had a C average. I wish I could say I had a C at Yale, can you?
Old September 17th, 2002, 14:36   #12
Variant TDI
Veteran Member

Fuel Economy: 36.4min/44average/56.4max. Recently improved commuting from 42mpg to 50mpg with 'new' driving habits and Scangauge.

One of my biggest peeves, is when people say that GW is stupid. Fact is... he's smarter than any one of those rhetoric spewers.

What do you want? Someone who tells you what you want to hear, but's lying the whole time?
Or, someone who stumbles when relentlessly hounded, yet always tells the truth?

GW stoopid? Hardly.
Read This.
Old September 17th, 2002, 14:54   #13
spoilsport
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Diesel924:
Actually, he's a Yale man. Gore was at Harvard. And Bush had a C average. I wish I could say I had a C at Yale, can you?
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Bush was indeed at Yale, but he got his MBA from Harvard. I wouldn't have been accepted into either school, so I can't say as to whether I could've maintained a C average.

You don't think Dubya had any help gettin' in to Yale or Harvard, do you ? [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
Old September 17th, 2002, 15:01   #14
TEXAS_TDI
BANNED

At the moment we import almost 60% of all oil used in the US. I say it is time to reduce our dependance on foreign oil no matter how we have to do it. Be it drilling in Alaska or bombing Iraq and take over their oil wells. [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Using BD is a good start, but AFAIK you still have to use petroleum oils to lubricate the motor.
Old September 17th, 2002, 15:09   #15
VeeDubTDI
Good Ol' Boy
TDIClub Enthusiast

Fuel Economy: 130 MPGe

Quote:
Originally posted by ProjektZwoTDI:
Using BD is a good start, but AFAIK you still have to use petroleum oils to lubricate the motor.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Not true, ever heard of synthetic motor oil? I've also heard a few things about soy being used as a motor oil base stock. [img]images/icons/tongue.gif[/img] Correct me if i'm wrong.
Closed Thread