2005 Black Golf TDI GLS Manual 5-speed in Washington, D.C.

JTBioTDI

TDI
Previously: 2005 Golf; 2002 Golf 2-door
*SOLD* 2005 Black Golf TDI GLS Manual 5-speed in Washington, D.C.

**********SOLD***********:)
Hi there,

I'm a new member here, but have previously browsed the forums/articles on-and-off since ~2006. You guys are awesome, and I really appreciate all the good info and solid vibes you've put out over the years. I don't know much about cars, but I have loved learning what I can.

I am selling my 2005 Golf TDI GLS 5-speed. My Baltimore Biodiesel friend Paul Powichroski, who is an enthusiast member of TDIclub.com, suggested I post here to optimize the chances of the car going to a good home. It has a good deal of sentimental value to me, and I want it go to someone who will appreciate and makes good use of it. It doesn't have any mods or anything exciting, just some solid miles. I know it will need more love as it continues to age gracefully (see list of repairs/maintenance below), and I'm moving to a new phase of my life where I will need to put those resources elsewhere.

The color is black with a gray cloth interior. (Please click on the thumbnail below to see the photos, in my member photo album.) It's got 131,182 miles on it. I purchased it used from a dealer in 2010, and to my knowledge I am the second owner. I have most of the maintenance records, which I would be happy to share upon request. The major points are listed below:

• Fuel: 99% ASTM certified biodiesel, except 50/50 blend the past three winters (the car and myself lived in coastal California from 2010-2015, where it never gets cold enough for the fuel to gel, before we moved to DC) and 80%+ petroleum diesel during long road trips.
  • Oil changes: Avg. every 5-8,000 miles, full synthetic 5W-40
  • Fuel filter changes: Twice a year
  • Transmission/ transaxle overhaul and clutch replaced 2012
  • Alternator pulley replaced 2014
  • Replaced: Rear shocks+mounts, right fender liner, timing belt, serpentine belt, water pump, thermostat, left front outer axle boot, auxiliary radiator fan, intake boost hose, both front suspension lower control arms, battery - 2015
  • Hood and rear bumper body damaged in vehicular accident - repaired/replaced 2016.
  • Replaced: Fuel pump, brake booster, 2 tires - 2016
  • Replaced 2 tires, both rear brake pads and rotors, air filter, cabin pollen filter; cabin temperature control lever repaired, driver side safety mirror casing/mirror/wiring replaced - 2017
  • Replaced engine fuel hoses, engine oil and cooler hoses, EGR coolant hose, upper radiator hose, coolant hose assembly, left inner tie rod end, vacuum tank - 2018
Known conditions:

• External:
    • Left wheel liner torn
    • No belly pan - left lower and center engine covers missing, right lower engine cover damaged
    • Left rear door exterior handle blank/cap missing (current covered with a square of black duct tape)
    • Headlight lenses getting opaque
    • Radio antenna sheathing worn off at base
    • Scratch on right rear passenger door
    • Slight dent on front driver’s side door / body quarter panel
    • Minor scratches on bumper
  • Mechanical
    • Rear brake light bulb holders & wiring connectors have corrosion present
    • Needs front left camber caster kit & rear right camber shim
  • Interior/Cabin
    • No front passenger visor
    • Glove box handle broken off, glove box latch mechanism broken, glove box door wedged shut with tissue
    • Cabin power outlet cover not attached
    • Armrest latch broken & staining on armrest top
    • Upholstery stains on rear seats
    • Rear cabin ceiling fabric loose at back edge, front cabin ceiling fabric patch glued
    • Trunk interior floor has had biodiesel and petroleum diesel spilled on it
Asking price $1800 o.b.o. Please feel free to contact me. My phone number is 510-593-7054.

I live in Washington, DC and would be willing to meet you for a test drive within reason.

-Joy T. Rubin Shen

Last edited: