Recent Dyno results Hybrid PPD170 257.5 HP/373.5 ft lbs

falk_ben

TDI
2007 GT 170 (+/- 300 hp)
Car had a few runs today at JBS in Chesterfield, UK. 257.5 HP and 373.5 ft lbs of torque.

No issues apart from noticing my timing advanced by 2.5 degrees
Last power figures were 253.5 HP and 390 ft lbs.
Up 4 HP but down 16.5 ft lbs in torque.
Mods since are a piper cross foam panel filter and snow performance stage 1 water methanol injection 50/50 mix
Now saving for 3" cat back before the gtb 22/60����

Last edited:

travis45

Veteran Member
TDI
14 Sportwagen, 96 Passat TDI Sedan
I'm really curious about your turbo. I'm currently running a hybrid CR170 turbo with 2056 internals built by some unknown bloke from the UK. I got it off a guy here in the states who never installed it.

I was getting some surging at lower RPM and boost creep at high speed cruising. We ended up turning down boost across the board. I feel like it is underutilized right now, I feel like it could take more boost and fuel on the top end. If our turbos are anything similar, your dyno sheet seems to tell me we should try more air and fuel on the top end.

Here is the thread which has a link to the original purchaser with pictures....

http://forums.tdiclub.com/showthread.php?t=390337

Oh and nice results on the dyno!

Last edited:

adamss24

Veteran Member
TDI
audi a4 2.5 tdi 98 quatrro 6speed
That 2056 “hybrid” is far from gtb2056v specs, it uses a k14 spec compressor wheel which won’t flow much air, I would of kept your old chra and just add a billet ko3s/ko4 wheel from mamba off eBay however it will require a matching turbine wheel as well.
Good hybrids are hard to make as trying different ingredients in the mixture proves an expensive experience !

falk_ben

TDI
2007 GT 170 (+/- 300 hp)
I'll dial in the cams to see if I can get my torque back.
torque is more go��

ill then try anot her run after the 3" cat back. My fuelling may be maxed out.

travis45

Veteran Member
TDI
14 Sportwagen, 96 Passat TDI Sedan
That 2056 “hybrid” is far from gtb2056v specs, it uses a k14 spec compressor wheel which won’t flow much air, I would of kept your old chra and just add a billet ko3s/ko4 wheel from mamba off eBay however it will require a matching turbine wheel as well.
Good hybrids are hard to make as trying different ingredients in the mixture proves an expensive experience !

Kind of a moot point for me anyhow as I have a GTB2260vklr on the way. Still wanted to see what this turbo is capable of.

duke21

Veteran Member
TDI
2.0 TDI BMN
I wouldnt go to 2260 on this engine. I have it more than 3 years. Spend so much money on this car, but no enjoy. You need crazy durations/soi to utilize potential of this turbo. But that causes damage to engine. Take 250hp and be happy.

falk_ben

TDI
2007 GT 170 (+/- 300 hp)
What damage, tell me what I need to be careful of. I'm running the 19/56 Xman hybrid at the recommended 2.2 BAR but was looking to remap the injection etc. My water meth kicks in at 2 BAR. Please can you provide any cam timing recommendations?

martin33100

Veteran Member
TDI
VW T5 2.5
Have you done any dyno's back to back with the water injection off and then on to compare?

falk_ben

TDI
2007 GT 170 (+/- 300 hp)
No but I will in the future. I have a disable switch in the centre consol.

I have a run planned up at Darkside after my cat back 2.75 " or 3" ( undesided)

They will t week my exhaust cam on the dyno to suite. The inlet needs to be on 0 degrees.

martin33100

Veteran Member
TDI
VW T5 2.5
No but I will in the future. I have a disable switch in the centre consol.

I have a run planned up at Darkside after my cat back 2.75 " or 3" ( undesided)

They will t week my exhaust cam on the dyno to suite. The inlet needs to be on 0 degrees.
At 260hp you don't really need anything bigger than a 2.5" exhaust.

falk_ben

TDI
2007 GT 170 (+/- 300 hp)
Just checked my head and it has a 'c' in the code, so I think I'm safe.

Adjusted my timing today to 0 degrees inlet with 2 degrees advance on the exhaust. Now easier starting, idles smoother and has almost instant torque.

Now awaiting cat back before the next dyno.

Thanks all for reading my results