Wobbles at 35 to 40 after phase 2

JBizz

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 vw golf tdi
So i got my car back last week and notice a little wobble at 35-40 mph at 1200rpms did they miss install something? I can always get it to happen at 35 but not at lower gears (dsg) anyone else get a wobble after phase2?

G60ING

Top Post Dawg
TDI
No TDIs Currently, I have an R36 Corrado. I've had an ALH Corrado swap, AHU Corrado swap and 2003 TDI Jetta
Wobbles shouldn’t be messed with, get it inspected

740GLE

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Passat SEL, 2017 Alltrack SE; BB 2010 Sedan Man; 2012 Passat,
wobble? in steering wheel? whole car?

I'd first check you lug bolts to cover your but.

Nutty 5.0

Veteran Member
TDI
15 GSW SEL TDI 6MT
Depending if you got both kits or not, they do have to remove the front subframe. My work order showed they aligned it. I have no proof (No spec sheet), but it is driving correctly and was told it was checked. I'm due for an alignment anyway, so personally I will trust who I use for alignments and take it there in the next few weeks. But for you, I'd take it back to VW and ask to have them check the car as there wasn't an issue before.

The Tortoise

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 GSW Trendline - White
Did they forget to tighten the lug bolts properly?

And what do you mean by "wobble"?

JBizz

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 vw golf tdi
wobble? in steering wheel? whole car?
I'd first check you lug bolts to cover your but.
Depending if you got both kits or not, they do have to remove the front subframe. My work order showed they aligned it. I have no proof (No spec sheet), but it is driving correctly and was told it was checked. I'm due for an alignment anyway, so personally I will trust who I use for alignments and take it there in the next few weeks. But for you, I'd take it back to VW and ask to have them check the car as there wasn't an issue before.
Did they forget to tighten the lug bolts properly?
And what do you mean by "wobble"?
My steering wheel and car wobble n shake. Ill look over my work order after work but they did say my rear did need adjustment. But it didn't look right on paper. Thr toe was perfect and each rear wheel needed like 1.02 adjusting.. I drove it 800 miles right after the shop.noticed it around 240 miles into the trip but keep at it. Tried to watch my wheels while driving didn't see much play. If i feel it in the steering wheel cam it be rear wheel problem? Ill post more after work.

740GLE

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Passat SEL, 2017 Alltrack SE; BB 2010 Sedan Man; 2012 Passat,
Agreed if your feeling it in the wheel, you issues should be with the front not the rear.

A lug would have fallen off before 800 miles. One thing I would do would recheck the torque of the bolts, if they zapped only 2 on super tight it could cause the issues, but hard saying that it developed after 240 miles.

Maybe the shop knocked a wheel weight lose enough that it didn't fall off until 240 miles. Check and see if you see any fresh sticky marks of a weight falling off. If you haven't changed tires or ever balanced them, it'd be real easy to find a missing wight.

JBizz

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 vw golf tdi
The front left tire was oval shaped worn down. from what I'm guessing either is burnouts from quick acceleration or braking that was the cause of the problem. Im still getting used to the amount of torque in this car. So i got 35k out of the fronts from dealer. Not bad? Oh the right side was trashed. Separation and worn down.. I did do about a month worth of dirt roading in the hills and deserts out here in Cali.

Last edited:

bizzle

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 GSW SEL (totaled), 2013 Touareg Executive
Are we supposed to get an alignment after phase 2? My rep told me they didn't have their alignment machine setup for VW yet. Should I go somewhere else or it doesn't matter?

I have a 2015 buyback DSG w/ 70K miles. Invoice says I got Kit A + B.

Last edited: