MK4 1.8t to tdi swap help

roadruner

TDI
2012 mk6
Hi everyone, I'm new in this word and I need help with my mk4 swap.
I have 2 2002 jetta's. One 1.8t automatic with clean body but broken engine and another one tdi with perfect mechanics but rusted body.
I think make this swap because a love a diesel cars. if someone has done in the past, I would like to have tips about that.
I know I need to change all the mechanics and engine harness but my first question is, I need to change all electric harness? The dashboard harness to? Please help me.
Thanks.

CasaEd

Veteran Member
TDI
VW Passat TDi B4, VW Passat TDi B4 GL, VW Passat B3 PD AWX Conversion
I've only ever done VP to PD swaps, but I know that when I made a
bench flashing cable I took it from a petrol engined car and I had to
rewire the main live feed and ECU earth wires because they were in
a different postion to the Diesel ECU plug, easy enough to do as with
the other wires in the plug if the are in the wrong postion. The dash
wiring is the same, but the Rev Counter won't read right as petrol and
Diesel are different

GTiTDi

TDIClub Enthusiast, Macht Schnell! Vendor , w/Busi
3 Spruce st Wareham, gateway to Cape Cod Massachus
TDI
'91 GTI CJAA swap,'02 Jetta wagon ALH swap, '03 GTI 1.8T rally car, '03 Sprinter 3500
Very easy swap. no need to change the entire harness. The TDI harness will plug into the car, minus a few moved pins.

Hi everyone, I'm new in this word and I need help with my mk4 swap.
I have 2 2002 jetta's. One 1.8t automatic with clean body but broken engine and another one tdi with perfect mechanics but rusted body.
I think make this swap because a love a diesel cars. if someone has done in the past, I would like to have tips about that.
I know I need to change all the mechanics and engine harness but my first question is, I need to change all electric harness? The dashboard harness to? Please help me.
Thanks.