Mk7 sunroof leak

sootchucker

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Golf
I wouldn't call that permanent and man is that stuff expensive for such a small sheet (6ft x 5ft).
its a small price to pay when i have solved two problems. plus, $75 isn't going to be the end of the world and over the 5 year period it is supposed to last (i think it will last much longer with proper care), it will have paid for itself. the alternative was removing the headliner and solving the leak only for it to leak again.. no thanks.

i did pull the sunroof fuse. last thing i need is somebody trying to use the sunroof while its wrapped :)

i will post pics when i figure out how, all you see is the outline of the sunroof. good enough for government work, as we say :cool:

austintg

Veteran Member
TDI
2016 Audi A6 Technik
Has anyone successfully repaired theirs? I don’t have a warranty and mine leaks when I get it washed, when it rains, or if our neighbor is watering their potted basil plants.

ottomatic

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Golfwagen SE 6MT
Just got a letter from a law firm for class action lawsuit for leaky sun roof.
Anyone else?

ottomatic

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Golfwagen SE 6MT
Name of Company: Benchmark Legal PC they are in Ca. PH# 888-983-4425
they do have a website: www.refundmycar.com
Mine is not leaking yet & I have never opened it. The above did have my Vin #

JM Popaleetus

Veteran Member
TDI
Signature.
I’m more curious what the letter said. Because their website looks like a scam.

That said, the sunroof issue is absolutely something that should be a class action or have an extended warranty.

BMAN

Veteran Member
TDI
14 Touareg TDI
How have you made out with yours?
Mine's been sitting in the garage since I bought it, hasn't seen any rain but that will change once spring hits. I too feel VW should take care of this issue if we are out of warranty.

15tdi_mk7

TDI
MK7 SEL
My sel bakes in the Florida sun all day and sees rain constantly. Fortunately zero leaks for me (knock on wood!)

BMAN

Veteran Member
TDI
14 Touareg TDI
its a small price to pay when i have solved two problems. plus, $75 isn't going to be the end of the world and over the 5 year period it is supposed to last (i think it will last much longer with proper care), it will have paid for itself. the alternative was removing the headliner and solving the leak only for it to leak again.. no thanks.
i did pull the sunroof fuse. last thing i need is somebody trying to use the sunroof while its wrapped :)
i will post pics when i figure out how, all you see is the outline of the sunroof. good enough for government work, as we say :cool:
How far to the edge did you go? I was looking at mine and it seems it would be hard to take it all the way to the edge. It has a small drop off that water would still travel down to drain off. Any pictures yet?