2005 Passat 2.0 PD TDI For Sale One Owner, '03 Jetta TDI 2nd owner, York, PA

DavisEmergency

TDI
'13 Passat, '05 Passat, 03' Jetta TDI, '80 Rabbit DI - needs motor!
2005 Passat TDI PD 2.0 $5200 Must Go! Geared BSM, New Torque Converter!

NEW PRICE! $5200 OBO! MUST GO!

$5200 obo. MUST GO!

Selling my wife's Midnight Blue Metallic, '05 Passat TDI. I would love to hold on to it to see if the wheels will ever fall off to be honest but I have three TDI's plus an Audi project.

This car has been a solid investment for us. My wife and I bought it new before the diesel crunch hit and have taken good care of it. If I couldn't fix it, it went to a guru or a trusted shop. I've been an electronics tech and mechanic all my life and have owned several TDI's and Audi's and we have just fallen in love with the TDI's. The cars will literally pay for themselves; my 2003 Jetta saved twice my car payment in fuel savings! This car lasted three times the life of the wife's past car plus went over 600 miles on a tank! I forget needing fuel sometimes only driving 12 miles a day now! Even with the recent mechanical upgrades, it was still cheaper to keep this car on the road then to buy a new one. Which begs the main question; why sell it? 2 Kids, wife keeps driving over 40k/year! Found a "used" '13 Passat TDI with only 250 miles for over 11% off price. Couldn't pass it up.

• WVWAE63B65P048719

• 2005 Passat TDI - 257,290 Miles - about 123 miles per day - FORMER daily commuter.
  • Kept in garage about 50% of it's life - was almost always kept inside during winter.
  • Installed Continental Extreme Contact DWS on 17" TSW wheels Dec 2012. Full alignment performed.
  • New Torque Converter (OEM VW installed by Mair's Continental Motors) Spring of 2012. I set the shift mode to sport as well. Trans serviced, new Tranns and engine mounts ($3400 in work)
  • Geared Balance Shaft Module Installed Summer '11 by Mair's - timing belt replaced as well (198,000 miles), previous belt kit installed around 100,000 miles.
  • RAXELS and brakes installed around 220,000
  • Front End damage from Deer spring 2012 - OEM Hood, grille, Right headlamp, sub core frame - All Parts OEM - Lancaster VW Body
  • has small set of dents in Left front fender from a loading dock plate falling on car (has reverse diamond plate dent), minor scratches nothing major body wise.
  • new Driver's door window regulator last spring - cable broke
  • New Turbo down turn hose ($300!) last spring.
  • Just serviced, new fuel filter and Thermo -T-
  • Have all three keys with the car! 2 folding fobs and valet key.
Interior is in great Shape. I put a set of VW Monster Mats in it two years ago to replace the worn out OEM carpet ones. All the seats are tear free and only the drivers seat shows any real wear - heaters all work. The steering wheel is starting to peel a little bit but nothing horrible, just feels different. The right rear window regulator is not moving the window up or down, I believe the pin fell out as the regulator moves freely (I can try to fix it if I get a chance this weekend).

I did pull the first half of the intake and EGR off and cleaned it last year when I put the new turbo hose on. The intake will need a good cleaning one day soon. Engine does have a bit of a lifter issue on cold start up. Seeing how this is a typical issue with the PD motor, I'd figure on putting a set in it. It has always had either VW perform the service (and they did use the right oil - I always got a partial quart back) or I used Pentosil the last 80K and Mann filters. This would be the only thing this car might need for a while, as I said, I think the wheels would fall off before the drive train quits!

We have put a good bit of money in it recently and it will pay off in time. I also have the OEM 16" wheels to go with it. One of the rims is bent, chews us the inner edge of the tire - decent tread left on the old tires - rim can be fixed for about $150.

Questions, PM me. Serious offers only please. I won't bother replying back to one's that aren't. Be sure to check out my pics in my gallery so I'm not hogging up this post.

-SOLD!-2003 Jetta TDI GLS 5 speed!- all options - leather, 174,400 miles - $6,900.00 1.9L -SOLD!-
'98 Avant Audi was also sold.

Last edited:

DavisEmergency

TDI
Got the PM's! Thanks! Sorry, busy with Fire Dept. Meetings. I forgot to check the "email notifications" button in my settings so now I'll know.....doh!

DavisEmergency

TDI
Forgot to mention, the Passat has the Homelink and did have a new clutch installed on the alternator.

The Jetta has had a new alternator installed around 133,000 if I remember right. New Bosch from NAPA and new clutch from Geek Parts. It was way cheaper that way! I also had the car tinted 30% two years ago. I bought it from York VW with about 35,000 miles on it in 2005.

DavisEmergency

TDI
Jetta sold!
NEW PRICE ON PASSAT: $7100! I've had some interest but only one serious buyer so far, I'm open to offers.

gloaming

Veteran Member
TDI
2010 Golf 6MT CR170 (Sold); 2004 R32 (not a TDI)
Just to clarify. You are selling one of the most fuel efficient vehicles in this entire country for one of the least fuel efficient vehicles for traveling purposes???

that being said i'm curious to see if i can convince my dad to take the passat off your hands :D

is the passat a Manual. My dad only drives standard trans.

EDIT: Sorry didn't see you had a '13 TDI. Still though, suburbans are quite the guzzlerss

Last edited:

DavisEmergency

TDI
Just to clarify. You are selling one of the most fuel efficient vehicles in this entire country for one of the least fuel efficient vehicles for traveling purposes???

that being said i'm curious to see if i can convince my dad to take the passat off your hands :D

is the passat a Manual. My dad only drives standard trans.

EDIT: Sorry didn't see you had a '13 TDI. Still though, suburbans are quite the guzzlerss
Yes, I know...:eek: I am trying to stay with the 5.3L even though I would love the 6.0 (I've always been a big cube Chevy guy, grew up racing them). I need something that can haul people and thier stuff, pull a small trailer, and have all wheel drive. Might as well go with the Suburban as they are selling cheaper than Tahoes and get the same mileage with more room. My typical commute to work is only 8 miles one way so about a gallon a day....ugh.

I am tempted to buy another Passat with the deal they're offering right now though! I love the wife's new one, I think it has more room than a Crown Vic. But again, we go to the mountians a lot and the weather here, living on the downward slope of a large valley, makes for fun times without the 4x4!

I've been getting some more inquiries, make me an offer!

DavisEmergency

TDI
2005 2.0 TDI Still for sale.....has to go, $6,000 obo!

I've sold everything except the Passat in this post. Sorry, I would repost or clean this one up if I was on my laptop. I may try later. I've driven the car locally to work but that's about it. I can work on the price and delivery help if needed if you're serious. Thanks for looking!

DavisEmergency

TDI
I edited the original post to only include the Passat. I'd change the title but I guess you can't (if you can, let me know or tell me the best way to re-post this). Price is down to $6000 obo. All other vehicles listed are sold.

JDSwan87

Black Swamp Thing
TDI
2001 Jetta TDI, 5 speed Lagoon Blue Metallic(sold); 2005 Jetta TDI Wagon auto
I edited the original post to only include the Passat. I'd change the title but I guess you can't (if you can, let me know or tell me the best way to re-post this). Price is down to $6000 obo. All other vehicles listed are sold.
Pm a moderator with what you want it to say... They can change them...

DavisEmergency

TDI
2005 Passat TDI PD 2.0 $5200 Must Go! Geared BSM! NEW Price

Dropped price, $5200...car needs a new home, moving soon need to slim down on cars. Would consider partial/full trade for enclosed cargo or car hauler, gooseneck or hitch pull.