Post Fix Extended Warranty Covered Repairs?

viper550

TDI
14 JSW 6M, 15 Q5 TDI S-Line
I have a 2015 Q5 and I have noticed an oil leak coming from what appears to be the left valve cover gasket. Does this sound like something that would be covered by the post fix extended warranty?
Any help is appreciated. Thanks

bioburner

Veteran Member
TDI
02 Wagon 285k - Gone ‘10 JSW - Gone '13 Q7 145k
I have what appears to be a rear main seal leak. Service advisor would only give me “50/50” that extended emissions warranty would cover it under the “longblock”. If it gets worse, I will press him to get a better answer from Audi before I authorize them to pull the transmission to replace the seal.

viper550

TDI
I have what appears to be a rear main seal leak. Service advisor would only give me “50/50” that extended emissions warranty would cover it under the “longblock”. If it gets worse, I will press him to get a better answer from Audi before I authorize them to pull the transmission to replace the seal.

If they give any resistance show them from their own warranty information where it states that any warranty conflicts should be resolved in favor of the consumer.

That's what I'm going to use next week when I take mine in to get looked at.

bioburner

Veteran Member
TDI
02 Wagon 285k - Gone ‘10 JSW - Gone '13 Q7 145k
I believe the settlement documents are certainly in the consumers favor. However, that does not guarantee the dealer won’t be a PIA to deal with. Hence why I’ve been dealing with a few oil spots in the garage. I had nothing but positive experiences dealing with a couple issues at the dealer during the “bridge” warranty period but I think since the dust has settled they might be less accommodating. Please report back on your experience.

Mythdoc

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 Touareg, 2015 Q5, 2015 Golf
If they give any resistance show them from their own warranty information where it states that any warranty conflicts should be resolved in favor of the consumer.

This language is not present in the 3.0 L settlement

viper550

TDI
Well here's an update.
I just got back from Audi dealer, and valve cover gasket Not covered by warranty (Huge surprise :rolleyes: )
So I have a call into Audi Customer Care and I got the usual line of we stand by our dealers, but I will research why exactly it was denied and get back to you. He also asked if I had contacted class counsel about this issue. I told him that I wanted to give Audi a chance to make it right before I take that path, and cause any publicity about how Audi won't honor the language in their own warranty booklet. Then I quoted to him from the warranty booklet where it says "Conflicts concerning the warranty are to be resolved in favor of the consumer". I will post any updates when I find anything out.

Just an interesting side note.
When I was looking up the repair procedure in ERWIN VW/Audi does not refer to valve covers as valve covers they refer to them as cylinder head covers. So I might be wrong, but to me it would stand to reason that the cylinder head cover is part of the cylinder head which is explicitly covered by the extended emissions warranty.

Mythdoc

Veteran Member
TDI
Keep up the good work. Depending on dealer, it seems that owners are having to fight case after case to get what is supposed to be ours by settlement.

gtmule

TDI
Passat, Jetta, Passat
Here's my experience with same. http://forums.tdiclub.com/showthread.php?t=495731

I just went and picked the thing up from the dealer today and said "nevermind". I emailed class council and Audi Cust Service, but frankly don't expect to hear back from either.

viper550

TDI
Here's the latest

I got a call back from Audi Customer Care a couple weeks ago and was informed that the head cover gasket was supposed to be covered by the warranty.
Fast forward to today and I got my Q5 back today and everything went pretty smoothly.

My advice to anybody who has trouble getting something covered by warranty that should be covered. Get Audi Customer Care involved immediately and be sure to use the language in the warranty booklet against them. Particularly the part where it states " Conflicts concerning coverage are to be resolved in favor of the consumer "

Mythdoc

Veteran Member
TDI
Good advice. Yep, be prepared to press your case and persevere. It shouldn’t be this hard.

viper550

TDI
I do have to say the rep at Customer Care was very good. Eventhough it took a while to find out anything from the warranty department because of the holidays he kept in contact with me letting me know that I had not been forgotten. They set up the appointment for the repair. The rep called me the day after the repair to see how everything went. I told him I would not be able to pick car up until Saturday and he called me Saturday afternoon to see how it went. The first time I talked to him he gave me his direct phone number. Today he said if I need any help in the future to call him directly.

I must say that I was very happy with how attentive the rep was to me even if the outcome would have been different.