Location of Oil Filter on Passat TDI 2.0L Engine

DonC

Veteran Member
TDI
2004 Passat TDI 2013 Passat TDI SE
Being a newbie to the diesel world can someone point me to the location of the oil filter on the Passat 2.0L 134 hp engine? I'd like to visually inspect same before taking it to the dealer for the first oil change. Thanks...

Cincy_Mike

Veteran Member
TDI
Auto 2003 Jetta GLS TDI - Galactic Blue
I didn't find any pictures on the web of the 2.0 TDI engine compartment.. I'm just making a guess that it's shaped like cylinder with a cap about the diameter of an orange. It most likely has flat edges all around the cap for removal via an oil filter wrench. You may have to remove your engine cover to see it. Hope this helps. /images/graemlins/crazy.gif

Davin

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2001 Golf GLS 5spd blk/blk
That's a pic of the 90hp ALH engine. The original poster is asking about the new 2.0L engine in the Passat.

AFAIK a pic of the engine compartment has not been posted. Maybe a kind club member with a new Passat TDI would be kind enough to post one with the engine cover taken off!!!

weedeater

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Jetta, 2001, Baltic Green
Imagine this engine turned 90 degrees counter clockwise. That would be a Passat.

You have to take off the plastic engine cover to find the oil filter.

DonC

Veteran Member
TDI
2004 Passat TDI 2013 Passat TDI SE
Thanks guys!!! If anyone has a picture of the 2.0 TDI with the engine cover removed and can point to the oil filter it would be much appreciated. Otherwise, thanks again for the tips.