Read: THIS SECTION IS **NOT** FOR QUESTIONS ABOUT TDIs!!!

bhtooefr

TDIClub Enthusiast, ToofTek Inventor
TDI
None
Please do not post questions about your vehicles in this section, as it is not for that. It is for suggestions and reporting problems with the website, not your car.

General questions about TDIs should be posted in the TDI 101 section.

Questions about fuels, oils, and other lubricants should be posted in the Fuels & Lubricants section. However, fuel economy questions should NOT be in this section.

Questions about biodiesel and vegetable oils as fuels should be posted in the Biodiesel section.

Questions about fuel economy should be posted in the TDI Fuel Economy section.

Questions about specific models of TDIs should be posted in their respective Model Specific Discussion Area. Please make sure you are posting in the right area before you make a post.

If you're not sure about where a post should go, please take a look at ALL the sections before posting, to make sure that you are posting in the correct place. This will help get your questions answered more quickly, as experts in those topics will be paying closer attention.

whitedog

Veteran Member
TDI
2004 Jetta that I fill by myself
Good, try, but since so many people don't read, it's probably a losing battle. This would make a good sticky though.

DeafBug

Gone but Never Forgotten: Requiescat In Pace
TDI
2001 NB
I have seen in other forums that I visit. The forum issue category is at the bottom of the categories. We can move this down to just before the archived FAQ category. Then I think this will take care of it. That will make the first category people will see is TDI Information. Wow! what a great place to post if they can't get it! Unless they fail to see the Engine specific category which will cause the TDI 101 to get filled and more work for the moderator there to move the posts to the correct place. ;)

Think the admins and mods need to discuss about rearranging the order of all the categories?

bhtooefr

TDI
None
I decided to create a similar posting in Web Page News. Although it gets less postings of this variety, it still gets some...

TDIMeister

Phd of TDIClub Enthusiast, Moderator at Large
TDI
TDI
Well, this is getting ridiculous, not because the forums are really that hard to navigate, even for newbies. All it takes is to read the forum section descriptions for a few seconds and use a bit of common sense to understand that "Suggestions/Forum Issues & Problems" does not mean suggestions, issues and problems about YOUR car. Nor can I understand how any mind can deduce that "Web Page News" is the place to announce your new car purchase (we're happy for you, we really are) or some problem you've encountered with you car (there are specific forums for questions of this nature); and that "Testing" is another forum for you to post questions about your car.

Folks, there's nothing wrong with being a newbie and claiming ignorance, but this is pure and utter LAZINESS. Sorry for venting in such
a dramatic manner. Moving dozens of posts a day gets tiring. Just read down the thread list in this section and see how many threads have been moved!

bhtooefr

TDI
None
TDIMeister: Could a mod be installed that makes stickies appear in a 24 point font? :)

NosmoKing

Self-Exiled SPV, banned
TDI
2009 Jetta
What about the good ole system where one of the in guys finds a new post and immediately decides if he likes the new guy and if he's in the mood to pick on the new guy or not? If the ole boy is then he thinks of the most rude and degrading way to deal with the problem.

Then if the noob gets mad and reactes he PMs all his buddies and they all cluster over on the post and each one takes turns trying to out do the other in domineering highschool fashion?

Then the final icing on the cake is that the moderator/admin will let any thread by the new guy be totally ruined by the good ole boyz. Even better, make sure that anyone else who tries to be decent to the new guy is notified that the new guy is a stupid jerk and its not cool to talk to him. Isn't that the tradition?:)

burpod

teh stallionz!!1
TDI
82 rabbit vnt ahu, 98 jetta vnt ahu, 05 parts car, 88 scirocco.. :/
so sad

NosmoKing said:
What about the good ole system where one of the in guys finds a new post and immediately decides if he likes the new guy and if he's in the mood to pick on the new guy or not? If the ole boy is then he thinks of the most rude and degrading way to deal with the problem.

Then if the noob gets mad and reactes he PMs all his buddies and they all cluster over on the post and each one takes turns trying to out do the other in domineering highschool fashion?

Then the final icing on the cake is that the moderator/admin will let any thread by the new guy be totally ruined by the good ole boyz. Even better, make sure that anyone else who tries to be decent to the new guy is notified that the new guy is a stupid jerk and its not cool to talk to him. Isn't that the tradition?:)
awwww, someone poured sour milk in your cheerios this morning

NosmoKing

Self-Exiled SPV, banned
TDI
2009 Jetta
1. Noobs are thrilled when they join this blog. They want to post right away. Especially if they just bought a New Diesel!!! Pee on a tree and make your mark!

2. The desire for structure here in TDIReich, is not apparent. There is a lot of detail, a lot of stuff. To a lot of people it seems kind of jumbled anyway, so why not just post?

3. The fact that there are a myriad of very brilliant aficionados here, a veritable dieselintelligencia, is not apparent either. It seems similar to, (gasp!), a honda blog when you first sign in.

4. Why not a very short instructional indoctrination for noobs. Somewhere along the lines of: a. Yes we are glad to see you here, b. a lot of us have been here a long time, c. some very bright and learned minds will look at what you write, d. don't you want to go read a bit before you post and ask a question that has been asked 100000000 times because that clutters up the site's search engine and requires bandwith that could be better utilized?

5. Of course, that will cut down on hilarities like Bob's "Dr. Phil says You're an Asshat" or Oilhammer's, Yoda: "Hmm, the fail is strong on this one." I haven't laughed so hard in years! However, that kind of stuff can backfire pretty drastically as we all can see I'm sure.

Just some thoughts I had.... I'm new here too, but I love this place, for some odd reason, I really do.

TDIMeister said:
Well, this is getting ridiculous, not because the forums are really that hard to navigate, even for newbies. All it takes is to read the forum section descriptions for a few seconds and use a bit of common sense to understand that "Suggestions/Forum Issues & Problems" does not mean suggestions, issues and problems about YOUR car. Nor can I understand how any mind can deduce that "Web Page News" is the place to announce your new car purchase (we're happy for you, we really are) or some problem you've encountered with you car (there are specific forums for questions of this nature); and that "Testing" is another forum for you to post questions about your car.

Folks, there's nothing wrong with being a newbie and claiming ignorance, but this is pure and utter LAZINESS. Sorry for venting in such
a dramatic manner. Moving dozens of posts a day gets tiring. Just read down the thread list in this section and see how many threads have been moved!

burpod

teh stallionz!!1
TDI
please use smaler werds

NosmoKing said:
1. Noobs are thrilled when they join this blog. They want to post right away. Especially if they just bought a New Diesel!!! Pee on a tree and make your mark!

2. The desire for structure here in TDIReich, is not apparent. There is a lot of detail, a lot of stuff. To a lot of people it seems kind of jumbled anyway, so why not just post?

3. The fact that there are a myriad of very brilliant aficionados here, a veritable dieselintelligencia, is not apparent either. It seems similar to, (gasp!), a honda blog when you first sign in.

4. Why not a very short instructional indoctrination for noobs. Somewhere along the lines of: a. Yes we are glad to see you here, b. a lot of us have been here a long time, c. some very bright and learned minds will look at what you write, d. don't you want to go read a bit before you post and ask a question that has been asked 100000000 times because that clutters up the site's search engine and requires bandwith that could be better utilized?

5. Of course, that will cut down on hilarities like Bob's "Dr. Phil says You're an Asshat" or Oilhammer's, Yoda: "Hmm, the fail is strong on this one." I haven't laughed so hard in years! However, that kind of stuff can backfire pretty drastically as we all can see I'm sure.

Just some thoughts I had.... I'm new here too, but I love this place, for some odd reason, I really do.
you're using too many large words to be a newb. you also know large numbers like 100000 and more! cat and mouse... hmmm....

burpod

teh stallionz!!1
TDI
i feel a boogie comin' on
gwumba! gwumba!!! choo choo!!! partay!

TooRoundTDI

Skunk Rocker
TDI
1998 Jetta
NosmoKing said:

Its your username. We`all like smoke whether its from our cars or a Lucky Strike.

LurkerMike

Veteran Member
TDI
-Whitey: 2000 Jetta GLS, Red: 2000 Jetta GLS 5-speed
TooRoundTDI said:
Its your username. We`all like smoke whether its from our cars or a Lucky Strike.
Or even smokin dope and jumpin rope... :p

40X40

Experienced
TDI
2013 Passat SEL Premium
We have a brand new tradition now!

People of questionable intelligence and ethics join up and post endless speculation and complaints. Then just as soon as they lose their newbie classification they post an answer to a unsuspecting newbie that is in complete opposition to best practices as accepted here at TDIclub.

The old tradition here is to never ever tell someone something that may get them or their car or their wallet hurt by what you are telling them.
The new tradition negates this, but if it makes you feel smarter you just go for it and to hell with honesty and the TDIclub reputation of helping without harm.

The other new tradition is apparently get all self medicated and post semi-understandable rambling posts that blame the volunteers that try to keep this place running for every real or imagined slight upon your besotted self.

I almost forgot the last new tradition of editing all your posts in an attempt to make yourself look blameless for all the trouble you caused and to make it appear you are in agreement with whomever actually had the right answer in a thread.

I prefer the old ways, don't you guys?

Bill

Sip'n Diesel

Veteran Newbie
San Joaquin Valley, I have VCDS (KII-USB)
TDI
2003 ALH: 254,000 miles
40X40 said:
We have a brand new tradition now!

People of questionable intelligence and ethics join up and post endless speculation and complaints. Then just as soon as they lose their newbie classification they post an answer to a unsuspecting newbie that is in complete opposition to best practices as accepted here at TDIclub.

The old tradition here is to never ever tell someone something that may get them or their car or their wallet hurt by what you are telling them.
The new tradition negates this, but if it makes you feel smarter you just go for it and to hell with honesty and the TDIclub reputation of helping without harm.

The other new tradition is apparently get all self medicated and post semi-understandable rambling posts that blame the volunteers that try to keep this place running for every real or imagined slight upon your besotted self.

I almost forgot the last new tradition of editing all your posts in an attempt to make yourself look blameless for all the trouble you caused and to make it appear you are in agreement with whomever actually had the right answer in a thread.

I prefer the old ways, don't you guys?

Bill
lol also add: resurrecting threads that are more than 1 year old :p

LurkerMike

Veteran Member
TDI
-Whitey: 2000 Jetta GLS, Red: 2000 Jetta GLS 5-speed
Sip'n Diesel said:
lol also add: resurrecting threads that are more than 1 year old :p
Reconstituted old news
Blasts from the past
Oldie Moldy's
Dug up bones
Saved from the grave
Tales from the crypt
The cellar's re-teller

BKmetz

Administrator, Member #10
Staff member
TDI
2015 Passat, titanium beige, 6MT
NosmoKing said:
Yeah, it's all our fault and none of anything is yours. You are a victim. To help you play the victim card better, here is
'THE GUIDE TO SELF-PROCLAIMED VICTIMIZATION FROM A TO Z' so you can better educate yourself how it works.

http://www99.epinions.com/content_3317407876

This is interesting, D is for 'delete.'

All the top whiners who never accept responsibility for themselves on the Internet use this guide.

Good luck...

:rolleyes:

Last edited:

VeeDubTDI

Wanderluster, Traveler, TDIClub Enthusiast
TDI
‘18 Tesla Model 3D+, ‘14 Cadillac ELR, ‘13 Fiat 500e
TDIMeister said:

You're absolutely right, and I couldn't agree more.

So, the next logical question is... why is this allowed to constantly happen in the Ontario forum? :confused:

NosmoKing

Self-Exiled SPV, banned
TDI
2009 Jetta
Its amazing. As soon as I post on a thread, it is ruined. "NosmoKing" was a cartoon character from the late 60's in Pittsburgh; A weird little guy in a raincoat and a fake nose, beard etc. Editing: I usually write fast and then go back over and add thoughts or change things. Just because you've had people in the past who have written rude things down and then deleted them, doesn't mean everyone does that.