2000 TDI O2 Sensor

Vince Waldon

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2001 ALH Jetta, 2003 ALH Wagon, 2005 BEW Wagon
Nope, so if you're getting an O2 sensor code you're using a generic scanner. :)

And if it's your mechanic that's getting the code he's using a generic scanner and you're using a generic mechanic. :):)

Last edited:

ToddVT

TDI
2000 JettaTDI
Well then I guess I better upgrade to someone better! Thats frustrating to hear and makes sense why after three visits he still can't fix it!!

AndyBees

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Silver 2003 Jetta TDI, Silver 2000 Jetta TDI (sold), '84 Vanagon with '02 ALH engine
So, is this MECHANIC on the Trusted Mechanic's list?

oilhammer

Certified Volkswagen Nut & Vendor
TDI
There are just too many to list....
Well then I guess I better upgrade to someone better! Thats frustrating to hear and makes sense why after three visits he still can't fix it!!
This makes no sense. One would think that, during the FIRST visit, this guy would have discovered there is no lambda sensing on the ALH engine. :rolleyes:

csstevej

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2001 golf tdi 4 door auto now a manual, mine, 2000 golf 2 door M/T son's,daughters 98 NB non-TDI 2.0, 2003 TDI NB for next daughter, head repaired and on road,gluten for punishment got another tdi 2001NB,another yellow tdi NB

Rual817

Veteran Member
TDI
2000 Jetta TDI, 2003 Jetta TDI ALH
When he can't demand your money back.

Wait.. did he charge you for O2 sensor service?? That's fraud. If so.. tell him you're taking it to the police, and TV station, so they can each do an investigation on his service shop. Then take it to the TV anyway!

TonganDiesel

TDI
2000 Black 5 speed manual 234k miles, 2002 Black auto Jetta 309K miles
Nope, so if you're getting an O2 sensor code you're using a generic scanner. :)

And if it's your mechanic that's getting the code he's using a generic scanner and you're using a generic mechanic. :):)
I was looking for info about Oxygen sensor and came across your post. I can't stop laughing my ssa off. I have been working on my MK4 TDi since 2003. I never pay attention to the O sensor until today. I do not think it has one because I never see one but perhaps may be it is hidden somewhere. I just want a good laugh because I am frustrated with my car.

IndigoBlueWagon

TDIClub Enthusiast, Principal IDParts, Vendor , w/
TDI
'97 Passat, '99.5 Golf, '02 Jetta Wagon, '15 GSW
We get more than a few calls from ALH owners who've been told they need to replace their 02 sensor. Sometimes they're difficult to convince that their cars don't have them.

calimustang

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 JSW DSG (buyback, RIP), 2014 JSW TDI, 2015 Passat TDI, 2013 Jetta TDI.
WOW I fell on the floor laughing my arse off. Those shady shops are truly unbelievable... sorry to bring this old post up. :)