2006 Jetta 1.9L PD TDI (BRM) code P0299

fanw01

TDI
2012 Passat SE tdi
I have a 2006 Jetta 1.9L PD TDI (BRM) with 88,000 miles; I am having the following problem. I purchased the car with 87,000 miles, while driving the check engine light came on and the car went into limp mode. When I checked the codes with my OB2 scanner the code retrieved was “P0299 Under Boost condition”. I took the car to the dealer and they wanted to install a new turbo for the car. I did not allow them to install the turbo at a cost of $2900.00. I cleared the code and got the car out of limp mode. This problem is happening about twice a month. When I use the freeze frame date on my scanner the condition is happening at or around 50-60mph. If it happens on the highway the cruise control will shut off also which I would expect. After searching on this site I am seeing that this is a common problem with the TDI’s. Where should I start my troubleshooting? I am pretty handy working on cars and have tools needed or will buy the tools needed.

Jettascuba

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 VW Jetta
Nice price for a new turbo install... NOT

Read the thread on 'how to repair limp mode' - probably a minor issue. Or get to a guru.

fanw01

TDI
2012 Passat SE tdi
I am new to the site and will try to search for the 'how to repair limp mode' topic.Thanks