2005.5 (new body style) Volkswagen Jetta 1.9L TDI Manuel $4,000 obo

Jonupdegrove

TDI
2005.5 Volkswagen Jetta TDI
Hey guys,

I have a 2005 (A5 platform) new body style VW Volkswagen Jetta 1.9L Turbo Diesel engine manuel 5-speed transmission with 232,018 miles (mostly highway miles) on it for sale. The car has a clean PA title in hand with no accidents as seen on the carfax report. This vehicle has both package 1 and 2 trim levels on it including the winter package. It's fully loaded with every option except for navigation.

http://tampa.craigslist.org/pnl/cto/5388259426.html

This car features:
-1.9L 4 cylinder Turbo Diesel Injected engine (TDI)
-Manuel 5 speed transmission
-Alloy Wheels
-Professionally installed tow hitch and 4 pin wiring harness
-Professionally done EGR delete
-Front Wheel Drive (FWD)
-Leather Seats
-Sun roof
-Moon roof
-Duel climate control
-Heated Seats
-Traction control
-4 wheel Anti-lock Brakes (ABS)
-Air Conditioning (AC)
-Power Windows
-Power Door Locks
-Duel front power seats
-Garage door opener controls
-Cruise Control
-Power steering
-Tilt steering wheel adjustment
-Steering wheel control buttons
-Bluetooth
-6 disc CD changer
-Serius xm compatible
-Winter floor mats
-Rear sun shade
-Leather interior trim with wood accents
-Duel front airbags
-Duel side airbags
-Full spare tire that's in good working condition
-Folding rear seats

History:
I am the 3rd owner of the car. I bought it 4/26/13 with 176,585 miles. I put a lot of highway milage on the car in 2013-2014. Then in January 2015, I moved down here to Florida with the car. I drove it up until the inspection ran out at the end of August when I purchased a new vehicle. I no longer have a need for a second vehicle hence why this one is being listed for sale.
Owner 2 was in the military and put on the majority of the milage. He bought it 4/6/08 with 41,100 miles. Again all highway miles and he moved around alot in several different states with being in the military.

Pros:
-It's gets great gas mileage. I regularly tracked my fuel economy at 42 - 45 miles per gallon (MPG) with mostly highway miles
-This car has been dead reliable for me. The only thing that I have had to replace is the left front wheel bearing (have paperwork)
-Fresh oil change with Rotella T6 synthetic 5w-40 oil and Purolator filter
-Oil always changed every 10,000 miles (recommended service length for TDI's) by me
-This car features an EGR delete. This is the reason for the Check Engine Light (CEL) and the "Emissions Workshop" warning.

Cons:
First let me start out by saying that this is a 10 year old car and most of these cons are because of its age. They are just normal wear and tear items.

Exterior:
-The paint shows signs of wear, some scratches here and there, the most noticeable being on the right rear door at about 1" long. Some rock chips on the front bumper and hood. The headlight lenses are starting to get a little cloudy which is a common issue in older cars. They can easy be cleaned up to look new with any of the numerous products found at Autozone or Advanced Auto. The left rear quarter panel where it meets the rear bumper has minor scuffs about 1"?1" area. The rear bumper and rear trunk panel have a little damage to them. The previous owner says its from a basketball net falling on the car. And the rear deck lid has a minor dent and minor scratches on it from a bike rack. The final note is that an air bubble developed on the sidewall of the left front tire. So I had it replaced with a good used tire but it means that one tire is different.
I'd rate the overall condition of the exterior at 7/10.

Interior:
-The leather seats are looking a little sun faded from sitting out in the sun.
-Some of the power buttons are starting to loose some paint from wear and age but all buttons still work 100%
-A parking light bulb is out, easy replacement
-Some of the roof liner is starting to come down from having the windows open a lot (common issue in older cars in Florida)
-The some of the trunk carpet is dirty due to carrying things
-Not sure when the AC was last recharged. It blows air and gets cool but it might need a recharge soon.
I'd rate the interior's overall condition at a 7/10.

Comes with:
-Clean PA title in hand
-Clean Carfax report
-2 sets of battery powered flip keys
-Original owner's manuel book
-Original owner's literature book
-Radio code
-Bently Publishers complete service manuel book
-My service records which is just the wheel bearing that was replaced at 224,584 miles and the tire that was just replaced

I'm asking $4,000 or best offer
The car currently located in St. Petersburg, Florida
Might be able to negotiate transporting it back to PA if the deal is right.

Any questions about this car or for more pictures, don't hesitate to call, text, or email me.
Thank you,
Jon
610-509-7321
Jonupdegroveracing@gmail.com

Last edited:

whitedog

Veteran Member
TDI
2004 Jetta that I fill by myself
I didn't realize the 2005.5 had a Diesel Participate Filter. Gee you learn something new everyday around here.

:confused:

Jonupdegrove

TDI
I didn't realize the 2005.5 had a Diesel Participate Filter. Gee you learn something new everyday around here.
:confused:
I know it has some kind of emissions delete that was done by the previous owner. He said it was a DPF delete. I personally thought they weren't on these cars till the A6 platform. Maybe someone can confirm this??

Jon

tydaddy

Veteran Member
TDI
Sold - 2003 GLI, 2003 TDI Wagon, 2010 TDI Sportwagen, 2010 Touareg v6TDI, 2005 TDI Wagon, current - 2006 v10TDI
Sent you a pm

whitedog

Veteran Member
TDI
2004 Jetta that I fill by myself
Maybe before trying to sell this car, you should learn about it. Find someone that knows these cars and pay them to help you understand what it that you are trying to flip.

Jonupdegrove

TDI
Maybe before trying to sell this car, you should learn about it. Find someone that knows these cars and pay them to help you understand what it that you are trying to flip.
The question is the EGR delete. Just trying to verify it because the previous owner said it was a PFD. Other than that, the car is stock.
I'm always open to learning more about these engines

Jon