11mm Pump on stock manual

Momentslater

TDI
2003 Jetta 535k km
Oh my, this engine just came to life with this. I got an 11mm pump for $50 from a low km 03 and swapped it this morning. I set the IQ using the hammer mod and took it for a test drive.. I thought I probably wouldn't notice much of a difference but, yep, sooooo much better.

hey_allen

Veteran Member
TDI
2000 Jetta TDI
I just hope it's not like the 11mm pump that I got a bargain on.

It ran for about a month, before shelling out with interesting metallic noises and shifting timing.

I will say, it was a WILD ride while it lasted.
Even with the IQ adjusted and on stock injectors, if I game it more than 1/3-1/2 throttle and it shoved me into the seat, and left a lane and a half wide swath of gray exhaust smoke behind me, for as long as I held the pedal down.

That said, congrats, and the 11mm manual experience is nice!

Genesis

Top Post Dawg
TDI
'03 Jetta Wagon
For quite some time when I owned my '03 before giving it to the kid I wanted an 11mm pump to stick in there..... never found one at an attractive price.

Assuming it keeps running well you almost-literally stole that one!

Momentslater

TDI
2003 Jetta 535k km
It came out of a totalled Golf with 210k km that was in a rear end collision, the place always let's ALH parts go cheap. I definately basically stole it, haha. If I lay on it in 5th my 80k km old clutch starts slipping a little... Maybe it's time I finally consider that upgrade.