Recommendations for Installer for Passat suspension

j2112morris

TDI
2014 Audi Q5 Premium Plus TDI (sold)
With 90K+ miles, it seems time for the upgrade. I've purchased Koni 2100-4026 for my '15 Passat but, since all my work is done at the dealership, I do not have any connections for repairs. I live near Chicago but work near Merrillville, IN. Any recommendations for installers in NW Indiana or Chicagoland area. I've called Pepboys and Farm and Fleet but at $1,000 just to install, I'm skeptical. Thanks.

Drive safe.

MichaelB

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 Passat SE DSG
With 90K+ miles, it seems time for the upgrade. I've purchased Koni 2100-4026 for my '15 Passat but, since all my work is done at the dealership, I do not have any connections for repairs. I live near Chicago but work near Merrillville, IN. Any recommendations for installers in NW Indiana or Chicagoland area. I've called Pepboys and Farm and Fleet but at $1,000 just to install, I'm skeptical. Thanks.
Drive safe.
I know it's not right around your corner but call http://www.jasontdr.com/
He knows his stuff and will give you a very fair price for installing your dampers.:)

740GLE

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Passat SEL, 2017 Alltrack SE; BB 2010 Sedan Man; 2012 Passat,
Most of the NMS is a parts bin cluster (mostly MK5), so there's nothing special about it. Any shop local coworkers recomend should handled a strut/shock swap.

Are you also planning to do bushings while your there?

I highly recommend picking up a rear sway bar, makes the corners so much more enjoyable.

j2112morris

TDI
2014 Audi Q5 Premium Plus TDI (sold)
Most of the NMS is a parts bin cluster (mostly MK5), so there's nothing special about it. Any shop local coworkers recomend should handled a strut/shock swap.

Are you also planning to do bushings while your there?

I highly recommend picking up a rear sway bar, makes the corners so much more enjoyable.
I'll claim ignorance on this one. The kit is shipping to me but I anticipated any bushings would be included, or are you referring to others?

For now, the rear sway bar will have to wait but I would like to in the future.

Thank you.

740GLE

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Passat SEL, 2017 Alltrack SE; BB 2010 Sedan Man; 2012 Passat,
Depending on what you bought for a kit, but hopefully new strut bearings are being installed, as the labor is almost 99% done when changing struts.

As far as other bushings, I personally haven't done any swaps, as I haven't had the chance to rack up the miles. But I'd be looking for new control arm bushings front and rear.