overboost on 2004 BEW PD, turbo actuator behavior

Ghastly

Veteran Member
TDI
2004 Jetta Sedan, 2009 Jetta Wagon
Hi,
my car (see sig) is over boosting as per 011 block VCDS logs I took. I'm seeing up to 2600 mbar, which is about 30.5 psi gauge. Max should be 24 psig to go with my VNT-17, which is 6 months old.

I want to test if the turbo actuator is getting enough vacuum to do it's job. As per a posting from Canadian Grizzly, I got someone to cycle the ignition while I crawled under the car and observed the actuator rod. It didn't move. I *think* this means I have a vacuum leak, or a bad N75 solenoid valve.

So much of the advice in these forums is non-BEW (PD) engines, I worry that the advice is not pertinent to me. Could someone please confirm that the turbo actuator rod *should* move when the ignition is cycled?
thanks!

Last edited:

H1723

TDI
Jetta tdi 2004
I want to buy vagcom but???

Hi!
I'm a new member and i want to buy vagcom and a wire too.
I have a tdi 2004 jetta with a bew engine . Where and what's version can i buy please.
Thanks a lot

BobnOH

not-a-mechanic
TDI
New Beetle 2003 manual
....................I want to test if the turbo actuator is getting enough vacuum to do it's job. As per a posting from Canadian Grizzly, I got someone to cycle the ignition while I crawled under the car and observed the actuator rod. It didn't move. I *think* this means I have a vacuum leak, or a bad N75 solenoid valve.
thanks!
Yes it should move, this bit on the PD is the same as the VE, just different parts.
At this point you should see if the actuator rod will move by hand, if not the actuator or vanes may be frozen (rust). Then apply vacuum to the actuator, if it doesn't hold, it's rusted out. If it moves and holds vacuum the issue is the N75 or the vacuum supply.