Stumped on my no heat

need4speed

Veteran Member
(It is true that the dash temp gauge can be way off. I've read 190 at the dash, and 210 from the ECU. . . the BMW guys have a way of re-mapping the dashboard gauge so it reads more accurately; I wonder if the folks at Ross-Tech have looked into that?)

Powder Hound

Top Post Dawg
TDI
'00 Golf 4dr White 5sp, '02 Jettachero 5sp, Wife's '03 NB Platinum Gray auto(!)
Ross-tech will not reprogram the ECU by agreement with VW. They promised they'd never do that in return for some other things, probably some intellectual property access (just a conjecture on my part).

There are others that can do it, however. At the very least, you'd need some kind of programming tool. VCDS is NOT it.

I think there is at least 1 thread on this site somewhere that tells about doing it. Search might do what you need as far as finding your answer.

Cheers,

PH

Beerbaron666

TDI
2000 Jetta
I plugged the car in and the temp guage wasn't that far off only a few degrees, but I still can't seem to get a steady flow from the return hose. I tried blowing air into the return line to try and push the fluid back hoping it would purrge the air bubble (if that is the problem) it tried a syphon pump to suck the fluid back through the return line and still seems to "burp" back into the tank. If I pull the return line off and put a little air into the sealed tank it will flow steady until I release the pressure but still won't flow steady when running