Rims - Show what you've got!

Damien8

Veteran Member
TDI
Hey guys,

Was just trying to get some ideas for rims, so if you could post pics of what you're currently sporting, I'd appreciate it.

Da~da~da

Veteran Member
TDI
2K6
18" Smoked Karthoums for my winters

18" Audi R8's for my summers. **will post pic shortly**

Damien8

Veteran Member
TDI
Da~da~da said:
18" Smoked Karthoums for my winters

18" Audi R8's for my summers. **will post pic shortly**
Looks good! Would love to see the R8's.

What projectors do you have?

TT71

Veteran Member
TDI
06 Jetta DSG
Da Da Da Your Jetta along with Invaders gets better looking everytime I see a pic of it. Will you two please stop you are making my 06 look bad.
Can't wait to see the R8's

bmwM5power

Veteran Member
TDI
15 GSW TDI S 6MT / 02 JETTA TDI GLS 5MT 15 GOLF TDI 6MT
xtoyz said:
Do you have any more photos?? Looking at goals lately and I REALLY like them!

Shawn
I do , they (pics) kinda lame , but you've got the idea

xtoyz

Veteran Member
TDI
Dodge Cummins
Makes me wish I bought a black car, but up here in the NE I'd kill myself keeping it clean...

THANKS!

lrpavlo

Veteran Member
TDI
09 Sportwagen DSG, 02 NB Auto
Yeah, don't know how you guys keep your cars so clean!

The wheels and tires are cleaned up a little now...and they are for sale or trade for avingnons!

Early8Q

Veteran Member
TDI
2012 JSW TDI 3 pedal
Damien8 said:
What rims are on that blue wagon? They're sick!!!!
Those are the black Karthoums. I think the black ones only come in 18 inches.

Da~da~da

Veteran Member
TDI
2K6
Give Bud a jingle and see what he will sell you the black ones for. I know he has carried them in the past and usually has the best prices going for new oem.

These are the smoked ones he sells for comparison.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/VW-VOLKWAGEN-18-X-8-KARTHOUM-SMOKED-SILVER-JETTA-PASSAT_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQ_trksidZp4634Q2ec0Q2em14Q2el1262QQhashZitem517e911378QQitemZ350015787896QQptZMotorsQ5fCarQ5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories

Here's some on Vortex
http://forums.vwvortex.com/zerothread?id=4480416

and
http://forums.vwvortex.com/zerothread?id=4457546

Last edited:

rugby

TDI
none yet
Do the 17's make a huge difference over the 16's? I'm considering getting a 2010 with all the options I want, but it has 17" rims which I'm not sure it worth the $1300 or whatever they want. If they make a huge difference I'm okay with it.

bmwM5power

Veteran Member
TDI
15 GSW TDI S 6MT / 02 JETTA TDI GLS 5MT 15 GOLF TDI 6MT
rugby said:
Do the 17's make a huge difference over the 16's? I'm considering getting a 2010 with all the options I want, but it has 17" rims which I'm not sure it worth the $1300 or whatever they want. If they make a huge difference I'm okay with it.
If you care about the look then yes, they make a difference. But dont chose them as an option from the dealer. Buy them from elsewhere, in that way you would pay a half of what the dealer charges and you keep the old 16" wheels that came with the car, otherwise dealer keeps them. Some people dont realize that. They pay for the wheels twice, or three times to be exact

rugby

TDI
none yet
bmwM5power said:
If you care about the look then yes, they make a difference. But dont chose them as an option from the dealer. Buy them from elsewhere, in that way you would pay a half of what the dealer charges and you keep the old 16" wheels that came with the car, otherwise dealer keeps them. Some people dont realize that. They pay for the wheels twice, or three times to be exact
That's what I'm thinking. I'll check the other ones they're getting in and see if they have the options I'm looking for. No sense in buying rims from them. I'm currently driving a Pacifica so ANYTHING will feel sportier.

SootHappens

Veteran Member
TDI
2006 Jetta TDI
Nobody else has Huffs?

I'm a fan of the 18" Huffs :D I got them almost new for $800 from a local guy on the vortex (no tires included)

<br>

<br>