Veteran Member
TDI
2010 JSW TDI DSG
**not responsible if you screw up. do it at your own risk**

already done the following
-lock confirmation honk disabled
-convenience opening/closing windows
-coming home
-now the start "ding" sound is different(watch vid) dunno why or how it happened
-seat belt chime gone
-DRL disabled

open VCDS and go to Select Control Module
go to 09-Central Electronics
click on coding
click on long coding helper
PRESS PAGE UP/DOWN to see all the menues and you will see options for the auto lock, honk disable, coming home, leaving home, footwell lighting(lights up with light on @ 20% or higher brightness) and others... some options show up AFTER you have enabled the feature or disable the feature.

go to 17-instruments, follow above steps and you will see brake pad sensor and seatbelt chime options

go to 4F-Cent. Elec II, follow above steps and you will see tilt/slide option for comfort open/close as well as sunshade open/close option

thats it for now

Last edited:

biby

Veteran Member
TDI
MK6 Golf
BumbleBeeTJ said:
-seat belt chime gone
The sound in your video is indeed the other option for seatbelt chime.
If you want to disable it you need to do it in the long coding of cluster.

BumbleBeeTJ

Veteran Member
TDI
2010 JSW TDI DSG
biby said:
The sound in your video is indeed the other option for seatbelt chime.
If you want to disable it you need to do it in the long coding of cluster.
yea I realized afterwards and disabled the "chime" when turned to ON position.

But i liked the "different" chime so i left it back as you see in the vid

also did Sunroof slide with remote open it only tilted before :)

adjustment for the footwell lighting enabled when headlights are on

cominghome/leaving home feature enabled(need euro switch for leaving home)

dpg

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 JSW TDI, 2010 JSW - retired
i think once you disable the seat belt chime, it changes the chime once you start the car. thats what i noticed in mine

Pelican18TQA4

Veteran Member
TDI
'13 Jetta Hybrid
VAG-COM has had an option for the MkV cars to open the sunroof with the remote for years now but it never works. Seems that's not the case on the '10 JSW!

Leaving Home should work with or without a European switch, or at least that's the case with the MkV cars. Without the rain/light sensor however, the lights will come on every time you unlock the car, not just when it's dark out.

BumbleBeeTJ

Veteran Member
TDI
2010 JSW TDI DSG
Pelican18TQA4 said:
VAG-COM has had an option for the MkV cars to open the sunroof with the remote for years now but it never works. Seems that's not the case on the '10 JSW!

Leaving Home should work with or without a European switch, or at least that's the case with the MkV cars. Without the rain/light sensor however, the lights will come on every time you unlock the car, not just when it's dark out.
tried leaving home but without euro switch i don't think it's possible.

also did tear drop disable for the rear wiper. i thought i was going crazy seeing the wiper go off after i've turned it off! lol

now what else can I do? I'm pretty much done lol

edit: apparently my seat belt chime is indeed gone but start up ding still remains? either way im okay :)

Last edited:

MuthaFunk

Veteran Member
TDI
2010 Golf TDI Wagon
I like to vote this thread to be added to the sticky's!! We just need a little detail on how some of these are done on the Vag Com. For example, I have the remote windows set up on mine but my sunroof doesn't scroll all the way back. Only tilt. I didn't see anything that was obvious in the Vag Com to enable that feature.

MKV TDI

TDI
2010 Jetta
can you post the codes for these mods please? I have a 2010 Sedan and the codes I have found are for the MKV's and I know my car is a MKV but the coding isnt working. I think I need the coding for the MKVI's. The coding was rejected for what I had found for the seatbelt chime and the windows with key fob and I am having issues getting the phone in the MFD properly. The only code I have done successfully is DRL.

BumbleBeeTJ

Veteran Member
TDI
2010 JSW TDI DSG
give me some time and I'll try to post step by step on the HOW TO

then they can sticky that and delete this thread

nj1266

Veteran Member
TDI
Golf
One thing that I found very annoying and had someone with a Vagcom cable remove, is the auto lock once you drive above 9 mph.

MKV TDI

TDI
2010 Jetta
nj1266 said:
One thing that I found very annoying and had someone with a Vagcom cable remove, is the auto lock once you drive above 9 mph.
but the autolock keeps strangers from entering your vehicle while it is in motion.....

Parva

TDI
Now have a '13 Beetle Turbo, had a '10 Jetta Sportwagen TDI
Gotta admit to being a bit of a chicken when it comes to me altering electronics in such a modern car.
Otherwise, I'd put in an order with RossTech & do these things myself.

I really want to do all sorts of alterations that can only be done via Vag-Com.

So, with that in mind, I'm trying to find someone in South Florida that has experience with a '10 JSW Tdi... Anyone?

gnatman1102

TDI
2009 Jetta DSG, 2010 Golf DSG
Right after the engine starts on my Golf, I get a single "ding" on random occasions. don't know what it is for. The door is shut and my seat belt is fastened. I have the VAGCOM, but I cannot turn it off.

Any ideas?

It is more of a nuisance.

BumbleBeeTJ

Veteran Member
TDI
2010 JSW TDI DSG
edited first post with directions on how to utilize the vag if you got it

just a very very minor basic stuff here though

sportriderseattle

Veteran Member
TDI
'10 Golf 2dr, 6-speed manual, sunroof, CWP, Votex kit, roof spoiler, 35 tint
MKV TDI said:
but the autolock keeps strangers from entering your vehicle while it is in motion.....
I think he wants to pick up strangers. ;)

BumbleBeeTJ

Veteran Member
TDI
2010 JSW TDI DSG
WVU TDI said:
Agreed! And, with my MkIV anyway, those auto locks can do some serious arm pinching!

EDIT: Here's a step by step for a handful of the aforementioned mods: http://forums.vwvortex.com/showthread.php?4743553
good link!

I also did the Emergency Flashers during hard braking(abs activated) it is actually pretty nice feature I love it. most people don't pay any attention when they drive so flashing the 4 ways would be good way to get their attention in a situation like that.

flieger

TDI
2010 Golf TDI - Platinum Gray(mine), 2010 Golf TDI - Shark Blue(hers)
Has anyone figured how to set the fogs to stay on with the high's on vs. shutting off? I have been able to set this on all of my past VW's that had a fog installed from the factory with exception of my MK6 TDI. There is not a direct box or coding that I've been able to find in the 09-Electronics module and it's not represented in the pull-down selection either.

If you know something I can't find I'd be grateful!

Pelican18TQA4

Veteran Member
TDI
'13 Jetta Hybrid
In the MkV, you have to code the instrument cluster to UK (or another foreign country, if you speak that language) to enable this. Perhaps this is the same for the MkVI as well, not sure.

flieger

TDI
2010 Golf TDI - Platinum Gray(mine), 2010 Golf TDI - Shark Blue(hers)
Pelican18TQA4 said:
In the MkV, you have to code the instrument cluster to UK (or another foreign country, if you speak that language) to enable this. Perhaps this is the same for the MkVI as well, not sure.
Well....I'll have to go try that and see if it works...will report back!

***Note*** after trying to re-code the dash to all other countries available, this did not work and I am still on the search for a way to make this work!

Last edited:

Mike_M

Veteran Member
TDI
Black 2002 Jetta GLS
How about having the car unlock all doors when I hit "unlock" on the remote once, instead of making me hit it twice?

I did that mod on my '02 and '03, but can't find the instructions now, even if I thought they'd apply to a 2010 Golf.

Tweak3D

Veteran Member
TDI
2010 JSW
Mike_M said:
How about having the car unlock all doors when I hit "unlock" on the remote once, instead of making me hit it twice?

I did that mod on my '02 and '03, but can't find the instructions now, even if I thought they'd apply to a 2010 Golf.
You can do this from the MFI without vcds. there is an option to unlock all doors with or just the drivers on the first click, ill take a pic later when I have a chance if you still want this.

Mike_M

Veteran Member
TDI
Black 2002 Jetta GLS
Tweak3D said:
You can do this from the MFI without vcds. there is an option to unlock all doors with or just the drivers on the first click, ill take a pic later when I have a chance if you still want this.
I found that last night after I posted, but I'm sure others would appreciate the pics if you're willing to click and post. If not, say so and I'll do it. :D

Thanks much!

MuthaFunk

Veteran Member
TDI
2010 Golf TDI Wagon
Mike_M said:
I found that last night after I posted, but I'm sure others would appreciate the pics if you're willing to click and post. If not, say so and I'll do it. :D

Thanks much!
I looked for this tonight and couldn't find it in the MFD or on the VAG COM. What's wrong with me???? :eek:

Where did you guys find this feature?

Mike_M

Veteran Member
TDI
Black 2002 Jetta GLS
MuthaFunk said:
I looked for this tonight and couldn't find it in the MFD or on the VAG COM. What's wrong with me???? :eek:

Where did you guys find this feature?
It's in the MFI menu (hit "left" while parked) under Convenience.

Auto-unlock is the "unlock when the key comes out" one.
Under "manual" is where the other is, but I don't remember what it's called. I think it's a checkbox option.

Does that help? I'm about to go to bed, but can produce pics later if needed.