DPF Emergency Regeneration (1.6TDI CAYB)

THELAD12

TDI
Skoda Fabia 1.6 Cayb
Hello there,

the car is Skoda Fabia 2013
Engine: 90HP CAYB 1.6l R4 CR-TDI (UDS)

I got a check engine light on.
my DPF requires Emergency Regeneration. I tried to do that using VCDS 12.12.0.

I followed all the instructions shown in the video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ub9lNcQMUec

and this toutrial:
http://wiki.ross-tech.com/wiki/inde...n#1.6l.2F2.0l_R4_.26_3.0l_V6_CR-TDI_.28UDS.29

I wasn't able to start the Emergency Regeneration process since the option Service regeneration of particle filter is not shown on the Basic Settings menu.

I was able to find information about the soot level, which is very high I guess.

but as I mentioned above, the Service regeneration of particle filter is not shown:

Is it even possible to start an Emergency Regeneration process with this soot level in my engine or maybe I should replace the DPF?

Henrick

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Golf VI TDI, 77 kW (CAYC)
Hello,

first of all you should use checmical DPF cleaner.
Good examples are these:
-Presto 416613 DPF cleaner;
-DC Cleaner (DageCapital).

These are very good products, however, a bit on the expensive side and not that easy to get. Personally I have rescued around 10 DPFs with them without a need to physically remove.

Method of usage: Remove the pre-DPF temperature sensor, inject the cleaner (it's foam type), wait 15 minutes and got for a drive.
Do some search and see if you can find for purchase one of these. You might need 2 cans for such excessive clogging.

Second step is to reset the values by tricking the computer to think DPF was replaced. It will divide the "calculated mass" by 2. If it is still above the threshold of 40, you will need to do it once more.

After that is done, you can start emergency regen (I strongly recommend to do the "regen while driving").

Mongler98

Top Post Dawg
TDI
98 Jetta TDI AHU 1.9L (944 TDI swap in progress) I moved so now i got nothing but an AHU in a garage on a pallet.
*Israel
*conforming to emissions
*what?

just another reason why i would never buy a newer diesel
just delete your emissions stuff and straitpipe your exhaust and put a tune on it and rejoice when you realize you go from 38mpg with little power to lots of power with 45mpg.
Cant do that here in USA so ......

Henrick

Top Post Dawg
TDI
You can do, just you're in fear to do so.
In fact, even a custom tune with "inspection mode" can be prepared for that to limit smoke output. I've seen custom tune maps specially "to pass theinspection". Fuelling was probably reduced based either on ECU coding (not 100% sure if it was a coding or some Adaptation) or even the fact that ASR/ESP was deactivated and one more condition (can't remember which one).

THELAD12

TDI
Skoda Fabia 1.6 Cayb
*Israel
*conforming to emissions
*what?

just another reason why i would never buy a newer diesel
just delete your emissions stuff and straitpipe your exhaust and put a tune on it and rejoice when you realize you go from 38mpg with little power to lots of power with 45mpg.
Cant do that here in USA so ......
can't do it in Israel also. It won't pass pollution inspection in the yearly test.

I was advised to use this stufff:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8uqFZLKKMfs

what do you think? will it solve my problem?

Henrick

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Yes, it will. In fact this is the same stuff I referred in post #2. Just a rebrand.