Splash Guards for 2015 Jetta TDI SEL

fastcar4re

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Jetta TDI SEL (purchased as "new" in May 2017).
This week I will take "new" delivery of a 2015 Jetta TDI SEL. Can anyone recommend whether the VW OEM splash guards fit tightly and look good on the vehicle? Any other sources or comments about splash guards for this vehicle?

Thanks,
Mark

lindenladouceur

TDI
2011 Jetta TDI 6MT Tuned & Deleted
Hey Mark, I have a 2011 Jetta TDI (should be same body style and splash guard style) and did a bunch of research a year ago when I was looking for mud flaps. I went with OEM splash guards ($165 CAD) and am very happy with them. They fit my car perfectly and install was quick and easy. I think they give the car a better appearance and make it look more functional. It's been one year and they are still in mint condition, and they save the paint from rock chips through the winter.

jcart

Veteran Member
TDI
2012 Touareg TDi Malone Stage 2, Rawtek.
This week I will take "new" delivery of a 2015 Jetta TDI SEL. Can anyone recommend whether the VW OEM splash guards fit tightly and look good on the vehicle? Any other sources or comments about splash guards for this vehicle?
Thanks,
Mark
Do it Mark they fit and look great, in addition to adding protection. I find with the soccer wenches (me and 3) the rear flaps can sometimes touch while moving slowly over say speed bumps, mind you ours has the sport package so it's a little lower too. Other than that they are a worthwhile addition.

j

teamyoga

TDI
2015 Jetta TDS SEL (6M)
Want these but have concerns with anything that bolts on AND contacts the paint surface over time. Looks like the paint damage under the mud flaps is worse than any issues that might occur due to not having them.

forrest resto`s

Veteran Member
TDI
2000 jetta tdi auto rc2 2013 passat tdi 2015 passat tdi auto 2011 jetta tdi nav. s'roof..man. dpf delete 1970 GTO JUDGE 520 HP

Thanks,
Mark
where did you fine your "new" jetta?? details please??

fastcar4re

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Jetta TDI SEL (purchased as "new" in May 2017).
Some VW dealers have stock of 2015 models of TDIs that were never sold due to the diesel EPA issues in which VW was involved. I bought mine in May 2017. They were not advertised, so you have to call dealers to see what might still be available.

tomo366

TDI Lifer, Member #68
TDI
2015 Jetta SEL TDI
I had Factory Mudflaps on every VW TDI I have owned 11 since 99 never a problem with them and my 2015 Jetta is 2 years old and own it since new didn't set somewhere for 2 years before getting delivered.....

SkeeterMark

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 Jetta TDI 6M
Want these but have concerns with anything that bolts on AND contacts the paint surface over time. Looks like the paint damage under the mud flaps is worse than any issues that might occur due to not having them.
What I've always done is put on some of that clear 3M film (like they have for hood/fender protection) under the mud guards so they won't rub on the paint. Works great.

Jetta_Pilot

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Passat Highline TDI Candy White (SEL Premium) long gone 2002 Jetta TDI
Look on eBay 1/4 to 1/3 the price you pay for VW mudflaps.
The ones I bought for my Passat I had to remove the screws holding the inner fenders in place and then use them to install the mudflaps in the same locations. Holes were perfectly aligned.