Possible injection pump source?

Lucias_D

TDI
2002 Golf TDI
Don't know if this should go in 101 or the classifieds as its not a 'for sale' but rather checking out a vender

There is an eBay seller ks-turbo out of Germany that sells reman injection pumps, turbos and more. Has anyone purchased one of these pumps or other products from them? The price is pretty good and they have a lot of good feedback on ebay.

I know there was an ancient thread that I think was mentioning the same seller but the links are dead. Thoughts?

Here is an example http://m.ebay.com/itm/Dieselpumpe-E...4977-Audi-A3-1-9-TDI-8L-ALH-AHF-/200913117430

UhOh

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2000 & 2003 Golf GLS (2005 Mercedes E320 CDI)
Even with approximately $85 for shipping (you're going to have to send back your core) that seems like a pretty good price. But... there's also this:

International items may be subject to customs processing and additional charges.

alloztome

Veteran Member
TDI
'98 Green Jetta tdi RIP 2001 Silver Golf GLS
Hmmm, I agree about the price, their warranty is 1 year during which they will send you a replacement pump. If I had more time I'd go for it most shipments to/from Germany take a month or more. They have a open to the public shop so pick up may be an option, if you have friends there.

Lucias_D

TDI
2002 Golf TDI
It leaks pretty bad, but it is also very noisy and smokes. Noise has been isolated from the pump and not other components.

I could reseal and live with the loud noise/smoking. If a good price could be found (see above), I'd look more towards a new unit. It's going to cost me $75 to reseal, but with the other problems I was trying to weigh my decision vs component replacement.

alloztome

Veteran Member
TDI
'98 Green Jetta tdi RIP 2001 Silver Golf GLS
I asked a friend in DE to look the listing over to see what I might have missed and I have to admit I'm tempted. Seller has over 3000 in feedback with only 1 negative. They have had a few name changes but the feedback is current and they are upfront with their policies and contact info. The warranty is good-1 year, no mileage restriction, 1 month return.

My only concern there is that "Prothe" a seller who has been dammed by many of the veteran members here for selling garbage parts also has good feedback on ebay, 'tho not as good as this seller, it does give me pause.

scurvy

Good Ol' Boy
TDI
2006 Golf
The storefront looks legit but the fine folks at DFIS have proven their work time and time again. The one time I had a pump rebuilt it was about $700 but back to me in a few days and ample after-sales service help available via telephone.

Dave128

TDI
96 passat B4V
I have an opportunity to buy a KS Turbo IP from someone who gave up on a project. Only asking $200 for it. It's NIB and has not been installed. Most of the used pumps are selling for more.