Gas Prices Have Fallen Significantly. Diesel Prices Hav Not. Are We Being Skrewed??

Ric Woodruff

BANNED, Ric went to Coventry.

------------------
Ric Woodruff

I'm not cheap... I just
know a good bargain
when I see one!

1998 Jetta TDI Custom Sport

S

SkyPup

Re: Gas Prices Have Fallen Significantly. Diesel Prices Hav Not. Are We Being Skrewed??

we're not but most likely you are!

Powder Hound

Top Post Dawg
TDI
'00 Golf 4dr White 5sp, '02 Jettachero 5sp, Wife's '03 NB Platinum Gray auto(!)
Re: Gas Prices Have Fallen Significantly. Diesel Prices Hav Not. Are We Being Skrewed??

I'm not being screwed. I'm not screwing anyone either. Being a celibate single can sometimes be a real drag!

------------------
"I love the smell of [burning diesel] in the morning. It smells like ... victory!"

Turbo Steve

Top Post Dawg

Yes!

tonsofun

Ric,
It's been known for a long while that diesel fuel reserves in the US are very low. The traders, in anticipation of replenishing the reserves by the US, keep the price high and that has global ramifications.

-Vic

Ric Woodruff

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Powder Hound:
I'm not being screwed. I'm not screwing anyone either. Being a celibate single can sometimes be a real drag!

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

It is high time for a New Year's resolution!!!

graham

in the uk diesel is more expensive than petrol (GAS)

ray

TDI
VW 99 tdi Camper LWB

In Australia the same marketing exists ..ulp is discounted while diesel can be 10c a litre dearer ! ! !

Switca

RIP, Gone But Not Forgotten

No, it's a prostate exam sponsored by the oil companies.

------------------
Gregor Switca
-------------
DAL Navigator TDI Fest 2000
Torque is a beautiful thing.

Turbo Steve

Top Post Dawg

Home heating oil is being used as an excuse to keep profits and the price of diesel high.

We're in the wrong business!!!!

Ric Woodruff

godlike242

Veteran Member

oh whaa..

i get to pay between 1.81 and 1.87 around here..

neither gasoline, nor diesel has come down much..

Oh hail Microsoft and people who are suddenly able to afford it so they pay it.. thanks a lot, a$$holes.

------------------

BRBarian

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Five Golf TDIs!

Hang on.... We haven't seen anything yet....

Check out this report from ABCNews titled "Bush’s First Crisis"

"George W. Bush may have to make some tough decisions regarding the oil price and supply problem facing the United States."
http://abcnews.go.com/sections/business/DailyNews/bush_oil_001229.html

MIA

Veteran Member
TDI
01 Golf, 09 JSW

Around here gas can be had as low as $1.29 and I filled up my TDI at $1.36. I just wish I could get good fuel instead of this truck stop crap.

I'd have to say that diesel prices are falling!

GeWilli

Top Post Dawg
TDI
none in the fleet (99.5 Golf RIP, 96 B4V sold)

dudes, and dudettes

I am paying LESS per gallon (to a tune of 5 to 25 cents) than the regular unleaded here and I am buying Amoco Premium. Sure it is still 1.549 (including the 6 cent non-3 axle tax) but hell I am happy - no smoking and smooth starts w/o having to add any additives!!!!!

Tom Servo

Veteran Member
TDI
2005 Gol TDI, blue and falling apart

Gosh, all the sudden I feel better about gas prices 'round here... Regular unleaded is down to $1.29 and Diesel is down to about $1.41, up from over $1.59 this summer! I'm happy for the dramatic drop it's taken since December. Keeeeep going!

I just wish it was like it is over in Georgia... There's a Flying J selling premium D for about $1.22, and reg. unl. for $1.19!

I personally would like to see gas and diesel prices dip below $1/gal just once more in my life.

------------------
~Zach
2k Silver Golf GL TDi
Sharp 722mk minidisc player
Nokia 6190 (SMS +12052225867)
KE4OYN
The Cutting Edge of Nothing Significant

[This message has been edited by Tom Servo (edited January 08, 2001).]