cold air filter for 02 jetta tdi

imas13

Veteran Member
TDI
02 jetta tdi
ok yess i dont know much bout tdi but i want a cold ar cone filter to get that throaty sound

i was told to get the most less perable filter witch is a violet color but are hard to come by

i planned on getting a blue one cause that is the closet to violet in perability

and also ther is a rubber line connected to the airbox and when i remove the airbox and old filter wher do i go about putting the rubber line

do i drill a hole in the back on the filter and use like a nipple to connect it
or do i just get a breather valve from the auto store

lmk thanks:)

dieseldorf

Top Post Dawg
TDI
ex- 1996 wagon, ex-2000 Jetta
You need to find some way to reconnect. That provides clean filtered air to one of the gizmos located on the firewall.. I suppose you could buy a cheezy filter and just connect it ...probably find something at Autozone, etc. for $1.

dieseldorf

Top Post Dawg
TDI
yeah, something like that would work but doesn't need to be so elaborate.

ScorpionBoy

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 Jetta TDI
save your money, read the linky and cut off your muffler. this make you happy in the pants. very niiiiiice.

imas13

Veteran Member
TDI
02 jetta tdi
what u mean leave well enoguh alone gofaster

and scorpian boy
i already did and put a lil ricer muffeler on it

Drivbiwire

Zehntes Jahr der Veteran
TDI
2013 Passat TDI, Newmar Ventana 8.3L ISC 3945, 2016 E250 BT, 2000 Jetta TDI
ok yess i dont know much bout tdi but i want a cold ar cone filter to get that throaty sound

i was told to get the most less perable filter witch is a violet color but are hard to come by

i planned on getting a blue one cause that is the closet to violet in perability

and also ther is a rubber line connected to the airbox and when i remove the airbox and old filter wher do i go about putting the rubber line

do i drill a hole in the back on the filter and use like a nipple to connect it
or do i just get a breather valve from the auto store

lmk thanks:)
Why not just hook up a Fart sound to your pimpin sound system and leave the engine alone...it would probably make more power than the hack job you are attempting.

If you want more noise, route the engine inlet into the cabin, then you can hear the turbo spool up.

Isn't there a Honda Forum where you can post this?

DB

dieseldorf

Top Post Dawg
TDI
And it's not even Fried-day !!!!!!

imas13 said:
i already did and put a lil ricer muffeler on it
[snicker]

Drivbiwire said:
If you want more noise, route the engine inlet into the cabin, then you can hear the turbo spool up.
NICE :D

Antsrcool

Vendor
TDI
2010 Cup Edition
o god a coffee can muffler.....I can only imagine what else you have done to this poor TDI. Leave teh air box ALONE unless you want to buy MAF all the time. There is no added benefit to changing it whatsoever just liek your coffee can muffler no benefit just ads to the look at me im ridiculous factor. Sorry if im ranting but seriously?? whos with me on this?

aNUT

Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
'01 TT (ALH-ish), B7 Audi gasser, '05 Golf
Post Translator

Souzafone said:
Anyone want to explain this?
Sure but I don't even know how to begin to answer the questions...I'm no guru...

Here is the translated original post:

"I don't know much about my TDI, but I'd like to install a cone type cold air intake to make my car noisier.
Someone suggested that I purchase the least permeable, violet, filter.

I have been unable to find a violet air filter, so I purchased a blue one instead. This filter is now in my closet.

What should I do with the 5mm ID cloth insulated rubber hose that attaches to the air box below the MAF?

Can I simply modify my aftermarket air filter to accept this hose, or should I use a breather valve?"

Last edited:

ultrasparc

Veteran Member
TDI
00, Jetta TDI MK IV
I think hes really after that throaty sound, I say go with a turbo delete, and Jake brakes to boot, forget the filter.

aNUT

Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
'01 TT (ALH-ish), B7 Audi gasser, '05 Golf
ultrasparc said:
I say go with a turbo delete
That sounds like a good idea. My roommate's '86 Golf with the 1.6D is very throaty, among other things. Does anyone make a kit for that?

gxe94

I think you've all been had. Little late for April Fool's Day though.