CP3 HPFP on my 2010 Golf 2.0L TDI

YukonLT

Veteran Member - TDIClub Enthusiast
TDI
2010 Golf TDI 6MT
Just about a year and 25,000 miles later and the pump has been flawless!

1972SS454

Veteran Member
TDI
2009 Jetta TDI, 99.5 Jetta TDI
Anyone with CP3 and polar FIS? I currently see 15 to 30 degree temp differential between ambient and fuel temps with stock pump. Curious how cp3 effects fuel temp. Any numbers?

Just got my CP3 kit this week... can't wait

YukonLT

TDI
2010 Golf TDI 6MT
Anyone with CP3 and polar FIS? I currently see 15 to 30 degree temp differential between ambient and fuel temps with stock pump. Curious how cp3 effects fuel temp. Any numbers?
Just got my CP3 kit this week... can't wait
I have been thinking about getting PolarFIS as I have heard good things about it. I know Paulinski has it on his car with a CP3 pump, hopefully he will comment.

Paulinski

Veteran Member
TDI
09 Jetta Wagon Highline
My fuel temps are 15-30f above ambient..

When the pump was installed two hoses were mistakenly switched at the fuel filter.. My fuel temp were way higher 100deg lol Andrew was surprised the car run at all

turbobrick240

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2011 vw golf tdi(gone to greener pastures), 2001 ford f250 powerstroke
If I had to guess, I would imagine fuel temps are very similar between the two pumps. Good question though. The lack of aux. lift pump w the cp3 might make a small difference. Polar FIS seems very cool, but I have heard of an ecu or two getting fried by it.

ATR

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2011 Golf TDI 6MT
If I had to guess, I would imagine fuel temps are very similar between the two pumps. Good question though. The lack of aux. lift pump w the cp3 might make a small difference. Polar FIS seems very cool, but I have heard of an ecu or two getting fried by it.
First time I ever heard of a problem with the PolarFIS. Though I did unhook the battery from the car before I installed the PolarFIS.

No issues with my Polar.

Car was flashed multiple times with it as well.
The big thing I hear is a must is to move the MFD to any other screen (say, mpg for example) before the car is flashed. That helps eliminate any canbus interference that may happen during the flash.

1972SS454

Veteran Member
TDI
2009 Jetta TDI, 99.5 Jetta TDI
I believe Andrew spoke of cooler fuel temps previously. Will see once I get her swapped. Have fuel cooler on standby as well.

I will be glad to be rid of the stock style pump. My original died @60k, was stage 2 on replacement pump till 120k when stock turbo bit it , 2060vklr to current 150k. Surprised she has hung on this long. I probably only have another 30k till my next major component failure, at the rate things have been going.

turbobrick240

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2011 vw golf tdi(gone to greener pastures), 2001 ford f250 powerstroke
I believe Andrew spoke of cooler fuel temps previously. Will see once I get her swapped. Have fuel cooler on standby as well.
I will be glad to be rid of the stock style pump. My original died @60k, was stage 2 on replacement pump till 120k when stock turbo bit it , 2060vklr to current 150k. Surprised she has hung on this long. I probably only have another 30k till my next major component failure, at the rate things have been going.
Fuel temps probably are slightly lower w the cp3. It is more efficient, and it makes sense that the lower efficiency of the cp4 results in greater heat transfer to the fuel. I think you'll see a good performance bump from the cp3 with your setup. How early does the 2060vklr spool up? Sounds like a great combo.

JSWTDI09

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2009 JSW TDI (gone but not forgotten)
The big thing I hear is a must is to move the MFD to any other screen (say, mpg for example) before the car is flashed. That helps eliminate any canbus interference that may happen during the flash.
Yeah, this is even necessary before scanning the car with VCDS. VCDS will give you communication errors with your ECU if the Polar unit is using the diagnostic bus at the same time. You basically "turn off" the Polar unit by selecting any of the "stock" MFD display screens (it stops requesting info from the diag bus).

Have Fun!

Don

Canary5.0

Veteran Member
TDI
2012 Golf DSG w/ Tech Pkg. Malone Stage II
Just got my CP3 installed this weekend! I've had it for several months now and have been waiting impatiently for the timing belt to come due. Didn't get to drive it much but will report back in a few weeks.

emerscape

Veteran Member
TDI
2012 Touareg TDI Lux
Can someone tell me how much it would cost to get this installed by a guru? Considering putting in the CP3 for added peace of mind. Going to drive my car for another 2 years and then turn in (or keep).

YukonLT

TDI
2010 Golf TDI 6MT
Can someone tell me how much it would cost to get this installed by a guru? Considering putting in the CP3 for added peace of mind. Going to drive my car for another 2 years and then turn in (or keep).
I'd assume the price would vary depending on each installer and their comfort level with such things. Best bet would be to contact a Guru directly.

GIDDY_UP_GO

Veteran Member
TDI
10 Jetta 13 Beetle Convertible 15 GSW
So are these kits being put together yet? Thinking of keeping my 2010 TDI Jetta and having this installed after I receive my "FIX" dollars!

D-Cup

Veteran Member
TDI
2010 Jetta TDI Cup Edition, 2003 Jetta GLS, 2000 Jetta GLS, 2012 JSW
If no luck there I think you can get them from darkside developments. They have them on their website anyway.

zambaq

TDI
2009 Jetta Sedan DSG [the Fix is in]
Thanks to both of you. Not sure that I'll have it installed, but I'd like to know if it's still an option.